four days

;; a few days later

"Momma when can I go home?" I whined.

"When the doctor says." My dad replied.

I rolled my eyes, "Where's Jack? I'm hungry."

"Jack went home." My dad said.

"What? Why?"

"Because we told him to." My dad said. My mom gave him a look. "We don't think he's necessarily a good influence for you."

"What? He's a fine influence for me, you don't even know him." I was shocked.

"Amara, we know you smoke with him."

"I smoke without him! It's not his fault!" I exclaimed. I can't even explain the looks on my parents' faces.

Shock. Disgust. Disbelief.

They started talking. Well, my mom was talking, my dad was yelling. I tried to block out their voices, but the noise was making my head hurt.

"Get out!" I yelled, "Please, get out." My parents slowly backed out of the room.

I fumbled for my phone on the chair next to me. I grabbed it turned it on. I had lots of snapchats and notifications from other things, but all I was concerned about was a text from Jack.

But there wasn't one.

I sighed and tossed my phone back onto the chair, silently praying that it wouldn't bounce off and break a window or something.

I heard a knock on the door and an unfamiliar doctor walked in. "Hello, Amara, these are some forms for your parents to sign and then you can go on
home." She dropped the papers on the table next to me.

;;

I walked in the house and straight up to my room, avoiding all contact with my parents. I really wanted to smoke, but it was too risky now. Most of all, I wanted Jack. I decided to call him.

"Pick up, pick up." I mumbled but no one picked up. I called again and texted him a few times, with no reply. I dropped my phone onto my bed and changed into some fresh clothes, not the ones from when I first went to the hospital.

I was bored out of my mind. I didn't want to go down stairs and see my parents. At this home of day the beach would be way too packed. And the only person I wanted to be with had completely isolated himself from me.

I decided to take matters into my own hands and I mustered up the courage to go downstairs. I quickly passed my parents and went outside. My original plan was to just get some fresh air, but I decided to head to Jack's place to see what was up.

I walked to his house and knocked on the front door. No answer. Surprisingly, the front door was open, so I went inside.

"Jack?" I called out softly. No response.

I heard some shuffling noises upstairs so I decided to check it out.

I walked around the hallway until I knew what room the sounds were coming from. Jack's.

I open the door just a crack and peered inside. What I saw made me want to puke.

Courtney, my arch nemesis, naked on Jack's bed with her legs spread wide open, and his head right between them.

I covered my mouth, turned around and retraces my steps back downstairs and out the front door. I ran home, tears streaming down my cheeks.

;;

At this point, I didn't have any reason to fight. Jack was my only thing, and now he's gone. I realize now, this is the perfect time to end it.