seven days

"Open up, it's the police!" I was awoken to a loud banging on the door. Jack and I both got up and Jack opened the door.

"Is Amara Young here?" One officer asked.

"It's Georgia," I yawned. Jack nudged me, "I mean yeah, I'm Amara."

The officer stepped to the side and I saw my parents behind him. My mom was clutching my dads arm.

"Oh Amara!" My mom cried, running forward and engulfing me in a tight squeeze, "I was so worried."

"You were supposed to be home by eleven." My dad said. My mom gave him a look but he ignored her, "And whose this?"

"Sorry, I fell asleep," I explained, "And this is my friend Jack." I walked back and grabbed his hand. It was a risky move, but in seven days it wouldn't even matter.

"Nice to meet you sir." Jack said softly. My dad ignored him.

"Come on Amara, you need to get home and get ready for school." My mom said, ushering me into the car. I gave Jack a small smile before she started the car and drove away.

;;

"So," I heard as I exited the bathroom, 14 minutes after history started, "I've noticed something." The biggest fake bitch in the school. Courtney Walsh. "Want to hear it?"

"Actually I'm a little busy right now, can we talk later?" I said back, looking down at my shoes.

"Let me think-" She paused, "-No. I've noticed you haven't been to history in a hell of a while." She said.

"Where do you go off to every day?" She asked.

"None of your business." I said, trying to scoot around her.

She put her arm on my shoulder, "I've got another question," She stopped and I raised my eyebrows, "Why were the police at your boyfriends house this morning?"

"One, he's not my boyfriend and two, how did you know that?" I asked, scrunching my eyebrows together.

"I'm his neighbor, dumbass." She said, "Now are you going to tell me why?" She asked, "No wait, wait let me guess," She paused again, making a fake thinking face, "Arrested for fucking a minor?" She laughed her snotty laugh just as Jack came around the corner.

"Hey, leave her alone." He said.

"Oh look, your boyfriends here to save you." She said, laughing and then flouncing down the hallway toward history.

"Ugh, she's such a bitch." I groaned.

"You want to skip the rest of the day?" Jack asked.

"Yes, please."