Chapter 12

Yo! It's been so long! OMG! I am writing this from the hospital by the way L. Brunei hospitals suck, cause the waiting list for an appointment is three months, so I'm in the waiting room right now with my eye burning a hole through my brain, so I apologise if this chapter is particularly bad...

Well anyway! I fund out last week, that my drama teacher was roommates with Benedict Cumberbatch in university, and his brother sends him pictures of Benedict Cumberbatch colouring book with the caption 'This could have been you...' XD

Welp, ON WITH THE STORY!

Darkness. Thick pools of congealed shadows. This was what greeted Freed as he slowly opened his eyes.

The green tresses of his hair drifted through the aspic like air, their usual emerald glow muted by the ink of the air clinging tightly to Freed's every pore. Freed's limbs moved languidly, as he tried to get his bearings, he could not tell which way was up, with his skin touching nothing and he floated freely in the shadow wreathed world.

'What in the world...' Freed thought, eyes wide, the darkness a physical force pushing against the unseeing orbs.

An unknown amount of time passed, as Freed floated freely in liquid shadows, seconds, minutes, hours... He could not be sure.

A sudden deep rumbling rattled his bones, a ball of nervous energy settling in between Freed's shoulder blades, as he frantically searched the darkness for a sign of what had stirred.

A few seconds later, the rumble sounded once again, but this time, a small pulse of purple pulsed through the dark, strangely reminiscent of the lightning magic of his thunder god. The light gradually swelled until a lone figure was visibly, plates of rough black armour glinting ominously in the soft lighting.

A frayed shock of purple hair protruded from a tiny opening in the back of a twisted metal mask, the creature's face masked by a grotesque mess of spikes forming a crude impression of a face morphed into rage, glinting black fangs pierced the darkness, illuminated by the eerie violet glow.

A single pitch hand, tipped with needle like claws rose from its resting position against the figure's side, extending towards Freed.

Freed's eyes widened in silent panic, as he struggled not to make a noise, contorting his body as to get as far away from the figure reaching out to him.

What is this place?! What is that thing?! Ugh, I can't rely on Laxus here, I will not be weak! Okay calm down, my magic wont let me down, it never has before, and I'm not the captain of the Thunder legion for nothing!

With new found resolve, Freed summoned a ball of deep purple energy into his hand, his veins throbbing with barely contained magical power. I am not weak!

"Dark Ecriture..."

Freed spun, the rest of the spell on his lips, prepped to reign destruction on the poor soul who tried to face him-

"Agh!"

Only to face the very creature that he was trying to challenge, the midnight spiked of it's mask millimetres from his face.

Miraculously, the creature's claws did not pierce skin as a tight, cold hand gripped his wrist hard. Freed gasped as he lost the feeling in his fingers, and the chill swept down his arm. The magic gathered in Freed's palm dissipated in a starburst of fizzling purple sparks.

'Nnnnooo... Lissteennn...'

A shudder of revulsion and fear crept down Freed's spine, the creature's voice was barely there, a thin whisper against Freed's ear.

A sudden bright light cut through the meandering darkness, instilling a heavy feeling of relief in Freed's stomach. The last image that he saw of the strange dark place, was the creature's clawed hand reaching for him.

-

Freed's bedroom

A startled gasp cut through the tension in the air, causing Laxus to start awake with snort.

'Wow little one... the very picture of beauty and grace, aren't you feeling like a pretty Thumbelina today?'

Laxus studiously ignored the prattling of the lightning dragon, pushing the annoyance to the back of his mind...

'Ack!'

Literally.

Laxus was immensely relieved to find Freed sitting upright on the bed, pale chest heaving with heavy breaths. Laxus reached out a hand to his mate, only to draw it back again. I don't deserve to even touch him, its my fault that my mate is in this state anyway. I failed to protect my own mate.

Laxus gritted his teeth so hard that he could hear a creaking sound, only for his thoughts of self loathing to be broken by the feeling of a soft hand upon his arm. Immediately, a pleasant electrical tingling sensation buzzed along his skin.

Laxus looked up to see Freed still panting, traces of tears in his cerulean eyes. Shit!!! Can't I do anything right?!? Its obvious that he needs me! But I just turned away!

The dragon slayer quickly gathered his mate into his arms, holding him gently against his chest, and was appalled to feel his shoulders shaking softly, and a small patch of wetness soaking through his shirt.

Fuck! Fuck! Fuck!!! What the hell do I do?!

'Cheesus Crust! Are you mentally retarded? Comfort him! Baka! Honestly, If I myself were faced with a situation of a crying mate... I would travel to the far ends of the Arctic wastes to bring back a symbol of my love! (And my magnificence of course) I would gather the population of frost trolls to fashion a fifty foot statue to commemorate myself, constructed from the breath of the frost demon itself!!! (After breath mints of course) That way, my mate would never be without my majesticness, and therefore would never have a reason to cry- The fiery depths of Tartarus itself would not keep my epic awesomeness from pleasing- '

Laxus toned out the ramblings of the lightning dragon in favour of wrapping his arms around his captain, and stroking the silken emerald locks of his mate. "What's wrong?" Laxus whispered, too lost to speak properly. "did you have a nightmare?"

Laxus had to strain to hear the reply, even with his heightened hearing.

"I-I'm a m- monster Laxus"

And dine! Whew!

Ha! You know, for the last lesson of our drama class, our class has decided to completely cover our teacher's class room with pictures of Benedict Cumberbatch's face! Oh sweet revenge for completely changing the play that we were doing three days before we were set to perform... ;(

Welp! Please comment and give me any advice! (God knows I need it...) And see you next time!

Oh! And don't worry! Freed will be a badass soon... Some ass is just waiting for him to be kicked while Laxus watches with shiny damsel eyes... XD