Ch.30 Two is better than one.

Start from the beginning

"She's fine, she's at school right now" I replied hastily.

"That's good to hear. I'm sorry love but I have to go already because the meeting will start soon, I love you" he said before hanging up.

"I love you too" I mumbled to myself before throwing my phone on my side.

"I love you too but I don't know if it's the same like before" I added before sighing again heavily.

I'm already on the sixth installment which is the Resident Evil: Retribution when I heard Ginger's car arrived. I checked the time, it's already twelve midnight so I paused the movie and headed to the living room to greet her.

As usual she's not in the mood to talk to me seriously. I don't like it when she calls me mom because I know that she's doing that to insult me.

"Emman called earlier, he asked if you're doing okay"

"Well tell him my soon to be mom is taking good care of me" she said sarcastically.

"Ginger I-" She interrupted me.

"Good night mom" she winked at me before heading to her room.

"Great, good night daughter" I muttered before sitting on the couch.

I took a shot of Jack Daniels and rested my eyes for a bit, it's already sore because of watching non-stop. Two more months and I will be Mrs. Fernandez, I'm supposed to be happy, I'm supposed to be excited but I'm not. All I feel is loneliness and emptiness.

You just missed Emman my mind said.

I don't have doubts before when I accepted his proposal, but when I saw Ginger again I became skeptical and unsure of my feelings for him. I know to myself that I love him, but I can't deny my feelings for Ginger as well.

At first, I thought my feelings for her is just pure lust because of the person she'd become after six years. But now that we're living in the same house, I figured out that my feelings for her didn't change. I don't know what to do when she told me that she still loves me, but it made me so happy.

Emman makes me happy too but not the way Ginger does. I feel complete when she's with me, and now I feel lost and alone because she's cold towards me again.

Janine is so lucky to have Ginger, I'm jealous knowing that she spends more time with her rather than me and there's nothing that I can do about it because it's my fault.

I always lead her on then hurt her afterwards. I'm so confused with my feelings, she's confusing me. She's not the only one who's hurting here, I feel terrible every time I hurt her.

I wiped my face the moment my tears started to fall. I took another shot of Jack Daniels once again before leaning my back on the couch. I closed my eyes because I already started feeling dizzy.

I hummed the song that she used to sing to me when we're together to calm myself. I miss her, I miss her touch and her hugs. I miss her voice when she sings, her lips when she kisses me.

"Why do I still love you after all these years?" I mumbled between sobbing. All the memories that we shared together keeps on coming back, the moments when we're both happy and doesn't care about the future.

After almost thirty minutes, I finally stood up and headed upstairs. My feet automatically led me in front of her room. I twisted the door knob hoping it's not locked, I smiled afterwards when it isn't.

She's lying on her bed naked, facing the other side. She's very gorgeous, her slender body that once became mine is glowing with the dim lights.

I tiptoed and sat beside her when I reached the bed. I want to see her beautiful face before I go to sleep. I'm about to caress her cheek when my mind stopped me.