Ch.18 Best thing she never had.

ALESSA POV

"My goodness Alessa, is this the same Ginger that you had a relationship with six years ago?!" mom asked in disbelief. She threw the magazine on the table afterwards.

I rolled my eyes at her, it's been five months since Ginger came back but I didn't tell it to her because I know that this will be her initial reaction. Of course you can't keep secrets for long but I hope that my secret past will be kept hidden from Emman until we're married.

"Yeah" Was all I said. I'm a bit surprised when I saw her in the magazine though she's not the main focus.

Emman is the focus of the story of Esquire Magazine, he is the cover for this month for Business tycoon Bachelor. I already read the magazine and there's a part there where he admitted to have a child during his college years.

He kept it to the media because he hasn't found Ginger before but stated that after he found her five years ago he sent her to London to study and etc. The photo of Ginger that was posted in the magazine was candid yet beautiful. I, myself was included in the photo galleries, it was the photo where Emman and I took a vacation in Balesin Island.

"Yeah? Is that all you can say? have you met her already?" She's nagging me and it's annoying, I rolled my eyes again before taking a slice of my cake.

"Yeah we've met, in fact she's also taking her Master's degree in my school now" the horrified expression on her face is so funny and I'm trying my best not to laugh at her right now.

"What?! Does Emman know?" she's walking back and forth, she looked so concerned and worried more than me.

"No, I begged her not to tell him about our past" which of course wasn't easy.

"Thank God" she sighed in relief. She sat beside me afterwards.

"But what did she say? is she still mad at you?" I gave her a bored look.

"What do you expect? She'll welcome me with open arms after what we did?" She shook her head in response.

"I can't believe it, what a small world after all" she said while massaging her forehead. I smirked because she deserved to be bothered like that.

She sat in front of me afterwards while waiting for my response.

"Of course she does and believe me, you don't wanna know what she said to me" I paused to eat another slice of cake.

"You have to face her eventually. We will be a family soon and I can't help you mom when that time comes because you're the reason why I left her" she stood up upon hearing what I said and pointed her at me.

"Excuse me? it's also your fault because you can't live without money. You are a pampered princess and you can't live without that" She corrected me before leaving the living room.

Today is our scheduled visit to Emman's parents, Ginger doesn't want to see them but Emman won't allow her to skip.

She doesn't like the idea of going there because her grandma still don't acknowledge her as the real daughter of Emman. They really don't get along whenever they see each other. I can't help myself not to feel sorry for her.

The travel took us an hour to get there and the whole drive is silent because Ginger is asleep at the backseat while me and Emman don't talk too much because he's too focused on driving.

I can't help myself not to occasionally look at her on the rear view mirror, she looked so at peace and beautiful. I smiled, thinking that it's good if she's always like that.

Emman woke up Ginger as soon as we entered the main gate. His mother is already waiting at the front door to welcome us.

"Emman my son!" She exclaimed in joy and hugged him tight, she averted her attention to mine afterwards.