Chapter 1 - Elli

A/n - couldn't help myself...just kept thinking about this story...and I'm hating study atm  (( I had 8 weeks left of  this trimester then I will get stuck into it) Be warned this chapter is dark and violent

Hearing the footsteps echoing above her on the wooden floor, Elli trembled uncontrollably, sobbing in to her hands as she backed in to the furthest corner of her cage from the door. She bit her in to her bottom lip, frantically trying to prevent any sound from escaping.

She had learnt not to scream a while back now... in the tough, pain filled way. She also had learnt that any sound she made would reach in ears and turn his attention toward her. Screaming, though, that turned him into a brutal, savagely aroused demon.

She wished for the millionth time that this was all a nightmare, that she'd wake from it to find herself at home in her bed...safe and happy.

How she wished she hadn't gone through with the plan her and her Mother had desperately hatched, all for her to win the heart of someone that she now realised she never really knew. For she discovered that Zarvane, the most frightening creature she had ever encountered  including even her nightmares, was wary of Channing.

What in hell did that make him? How could anyone be worse than Zarvane?

And now she had made a total enemy of the one person that could help her out of this situation....Talon.

She hadn't told Zarvane about Asren because she wanted to be able to use that loyalty as a bargaining chip if he found them, surely that would be worth freeing her from this hell hole?

She felt a fresh cascade of tears pour out of her swollen and sore eyes, as they trailed down her face they burned into the cuts and bruised that decorated her cheeks and neck.

Zarvane had waited until she had shifted that first time to show his true colours, and she could now understand the look on Talon's face when she must of realised hat Carden was. The kill readiness to kill or be killed before being taken by...what ever they were.

Her change brought with it pain and joy, she loved the feeling of being a wolf but she was a caged wolf and now she had...extra sensitive senses which Zarvane knew and used to torture her to a level she thought would have been impossible.

There were times when she fervently wished that Talon had been strong enough to kill her in the car because the pain that Zarvane inflicted on her was nothing short of evil butchery both mentally and physically.

He would tear in to her neck as he raped her and use his red jagged teeth the pull lengths of her skin from down her arms, he would break her bones and bite her thighs open...only for her to heal enough for him to do it again.

      Her mental state was so fragile that event the slightest noise from his direction would have her cowering in fear and retreating into her mind to find a safe sanctuary there, so she could block out the feel of his teeth and hands upon her body. Sometime he sang her songs, or talked to her from above, knowing that she would hear him....her heart beat rapidly with terror in wait for him to come and do those things to her.

 Three times she had tried to end it...but now he had her in a cage that was impossible for her to break and there was nothing in there at all... it was bare.

She knew that Talon was still on board. And it was after he visited her that he would be at his worst. His eyes glowed scarlet and he was relentless with his needs, although she had noticed lately that his eyes were not glowing as brightly as they did.

Maybe Talon was fading further, maybe she wasn't strong enough to take that does.

Elli crunched her sore face in self pity.

What if Talon dies?

There was no chance of her getting out of this then...she was counting on Talon seeing her predicament and then remembering their friendship...and helping her escape.

She would beg for forgiveness.

 She shivered at the other alternative, but still it was one that would save her from his abuse, and that was if Talon awoke to take the brunt of his "affections'. She might be able to gather enough strength then to escape.

She couldn't understand why her wolf still whined for her to find Channing?

 The queasiness hit her stomach again and she tried not to gag because the last time it happened Zarvane punished her for dirtying her cage by making her eat it.

A couple of days of living with the smell sent him to hit her so hard she blacked out only to find he had cleaned the cage out with bleach and thrown her back in to attack her with a built up vengeance.

She felt something vibrate through the cage, relief hit her. They were moving again, this would be her some time. She knew by the rocking movement that they were on a boat of some sorts but had no idea where. She couldn't smell anything although sometimes when Zarvane visited she smelt salt.

The more time that passed with Talon in a coma the more physically irritated Zarvane became. He had told her once while pushing brutally inside her that she would suffer through this until Talon woke, because without her being lucid there was no way Channing would be able to sense her and if Channing found them before Talon was awake and could be used, Zarvane would seem like an angel compared to what Channing would do to her.

Everyday that Talon slept put Zarvane more on the edge, they moved every few days so she knew that Zarvane was worried about Channing coming for them without having Talon awake as a buffer.

The movement of the boat caused Elli's stomach to tense with bitter nausea.

Hearing the motor stop after a few hours caused Elli to breathe shallowly and rapidly.

She knew what was coming, he was humming the song that had come to foretell a particularly mean session.

 She squeezed her sore eyes shut and began to rock herself to oblivion as his heavy foot steps echoed on the stairs that led down to her cage.

A/n - so what do you think? Anyone change their minds about Elli? Feel sorry for her?

I wonder if Talon will?

sorry if the treatment of Elli offended anyone...I explained in the first book how Black Slayers change in the presence of an ovulating female Ice Slayer so Zarvane is taking his urges out on Elli...as his nature drives him to...although looking back in the first book...Channing didn't like Zarvane much either..so I wonder just how evil he was and is...you'll find out soon

This book is going to be  a lot more...edgier I guess as everyone is tense .

Comment and vote... :D..

I think Channing's POV will be next