The Dream

Author: Hi guys... Very sorry for the delay but I've been thinking things through lately... and I really want to extend this story beyond what happens in the anime, and considering the romantic potential this could have, I don't see how you guys could disagree. I suppose there's really no excuse for my absence but I really have been trying to force myself to write more so hopefully the next chapter will either be published very soon or tomorrow or so... so yeah.... what would you guys think of extending the plot? Leave a comment plz :3

The dream hadn't quite felt like a normal dream, but at the same time, you knew it couldn't have been reality either. Th entirety of everything around you had been blank and white. You felt numbness throughout your entire body, and there was a somewhat odd but also strangely pleasant hum in your ears. 

Out of nowhere, which you were convinced you already were in some form of nonexistence considering the lack of anything around you, a harsh yet somewhat mischievous voice spoke up, "It's about time you finally got here. I was wondering when I would finally be able to speak to you."

You turned around with a startled gasp to find the strangest figure sitting on some sort of surface behind you. It was certainly strange indeed. There was no way of telling if this thing, whatever it was, had a gender to really define it, nor did it have any features that could otherwise give you clues. In fact, the humanoid thing was all white like everything else around you, except for a somewhat disturbing and unnerving grin and a cloud of shadows around it. If not for the shadows, you'd have missed the figure entirely for it would have blended right in. 

You found yourself trembling for some reason, a feeling of terror building inside you for strange reasons you couldn't quite seem to place. "W-who are you?" You stammered out, unable to hide the fear in your tone. 

The figure laughed softly, and chills went down your spine. A lone bead of sweat trickled down the side of your face and your eyes widened as you froze completely with fear. 

"Who am I? One name you might have for me is The World, or you might call me The Universe, or perhaps God, or perhaps the Truth. I am all and I am one, so of course this also means that I am you."

"W-what do you mean that you're me?! You act nothing like me!" you shout, some sort of courage returning as you faced this so named Truth. 

Truth chuckled a bit, as if finding this whole encounter quite amusing. "You see child, you are the very definition of sin and corruption. Or, at least, half of you is. I'm afraid that complicates things a bit dearie. However, when the time comes, and judging by your fever that seems very soon, we shall meet for real, and then I shall either have the greatest pleasure of damning your soul, or, perhaps, I might just have another bargaining chip to use with those Elric brothers."

Your eyes widened at the mention of the Elric brothers, specifically, Alphonse. Images of the sweet younger Elric flooded your mind, and anger of the perceived threat against him boiled up inside of you. 

"Wait one DAMN moment. I don't give a bloody hell who you are or who you think you are, but you are not laying a damn hand on Alphonse or Edward!" You shouted, channeling all your rage into each and every word.

Truth looked at you for a moment, its smile fading ever so slightly, before an even wider grin replaced it. "My child, there might be a hope for you just yet."

And with that, you forced yourself to wake up. You had to get back to Alphonse. Just the mention of him seemed to bring you back to your senses. A newfound desperation to make sure he was okay fueled every bit of you to use whatever strength you had in you.