Chapter 20 Blood Runs Thicker Than Water

Start from the beginning

"OK. Natalie has already looked into the victim. So all we can do is wait. Any update on my son?" I asked.

"None." Both of them said simultaneously.

"This boy will be the death of me." I muttered.

"Esther, you have been handling this empire since quite a long time. After a lot of meticulous planning has all of this come into force. I don't want to sound accusatory but cousin Sebastian is yet to show his face and do his job. We cannot and shouldn't be handling delays." Natalie held my hand as she said those words.

"Nat-" Nathan's warning voice came from behind.

"Look I am not degrading Sebastian. He has always been my favorite brother but at the moment we are time bound. History has told us that the Chosen have always beaten us by a fraction of second." Natalie said.

"Natalie please come to the point." I said.

"Alright. I want you to cease searching for Sebastian and-"

"No!"

"Esther listen.." Natalie started, not at all put off by my tone.

"You want to me to stop searching for my son!? What if he was taken!? Family stick together! That's our most important rule." I said.

"Esther, please, just hear Natalie out." Nathan said.

"Yes. Please Esther. What I mean to say is that if Sebastian was kidnapped which is highly unlikely then the kidnapper would be on high alert. We should wait until he lets his guard down and then attack. Until then it's a waste of time and men." Natalie said.

"Also Esther, if that Guardian is any clue then I presume the whole scenario has begun again. We need to stick to the plan." Nathan said.

"What are you suggesting?" I asked though I already knew the answer.

"Let us take over Sebastian's work. Atleast until he comes back. We can't afford to lose. Not this time." Nathan said.

I could see his fists clenching.

A frown marred Natalie's face as she considered her brother's words.

Poor children. They had lost their parents in a brutal attack by the Guardian. Since the Varenkovs' death they had been staying with me. They have always treated us like family. But they themselves are thirsting for revenge.

Oh Sebastian...

With these thoughts in mind I sighed in defeat.

"I Esther Salvatore, assign Nathan Varenkov and Natalie Varenkov to find out the Chosen and destroy the Guardian." I said.

"Thank you Esther! We won't let you down!" Natalie said.

"Thank you Esther." Nathan said.

"No need to thank me children. For me you both, Olivia and Sebastian are all equal."

Nathan and Natalie smiled at my words.

Suddenly Nathan's phone rang.

"Hello?"

There was some murmuring. Nathan suddenly got up and ran towards the computer.

"No no no no! God damn it! Hello? Ralph!? I need a bug check on everything! Now!" Nathan screamed on his phone.

"Nate what happened!?" Natalie spoke up.

"Let me see Nathan." I ordered.

I checked over the various screens that were open.

Suddenly a message popped up- 'Finders keepers.'

It was joined with a link.

"Don't touch anything. Ralph are all computers disconnected?"

A muffled reply came through the phone.

"Fine!" Nathan pushed through us and started typing various codes.

"Its continuously showing error." I said.

"Will someone tell me what happened?" Natalie asked.

"Guardians happened." Nathan muttered.

"Urgh fine!" Nathan yelled.

Slowly all files were being deleted.

"Nate what are you doing?" Natalie asked.

"If I keep this footage then she will be able to read all the info on my computer." Nathan said.

"She?" I asked.

"He, she, it. Whatever. Whoever." Nathan muttered.

"Oh." I said.

Nathan nodded but I could feel he was trying to avoid my gaze.

"Done." He said.

"Meaning?" Natalie asked.

"Meaning we have lost all hospital footage." Nathan said dejectedly.

"Oh damn! Now how will we find out about the killer?" Natalie said.

"If the Guardian has gone to such lengths then I am assuming the killer was another Guardian." Nathan said while staring at the computer screen.

"If that's true then we need to find the Chosen before they find something of value." I said.

"We'll get going then. Check up on hospital records etc." Natalie said.

Suddenly another screen popped up on Nathan's screen.

It read- When student surpasses the teacher...

Natalie sucked in a breath.

Nathan cursed. "That bitch!"

*******************************
Hello! Chapter 20 for you all! I hope you all remember the fifth chapter ritual? If you don't check out the author's note on chapter five.

Belated happy holi to all my fellow Indians out there...

QotC

What do you think about Nathan and Natalie?
(Psst. Btw Nathan is played by Dylan'o Brien and Natalie is played by Lucy Hale.)

Quote

Keep reading!Keep voting!Keep commenting!Keep sharing!

Keep reading!
Keep voting!
Keep commenting!
Keep sharing!

Happy VEILed!

-SaraRima