A Battle

Brooke's POV

     Flying over the coming fleet was Reeanna. Her shimmering  teal scales glinted in the falling light. Sitting atop her back was Kylie. She came back. She had brought the werewolves with her. She said she was going to get help, and she did. The werewolves rode upon the backs of big black boars. The boars wore chains of weapons. They were ready for battle. I glanced at Reeanna and saw that her left eye was scarred and black. Probably an effect from the lava land. She seemed alright though, so I decided not to worry. Kylie flew Reeanna down to meet me, and she smiled sadly at me. "I know you didn't mean to be a jerk, and even if you did. You know I forgive you." I pulled her into a hug of apologies. The hug was broken when a werewolf with blonde fur walked up to us. Kylie pulled away. "Oh, Brooke! This is Hollen, he's the werewolf chief in Jayze's absence." Kylie blushed slightly.

     Hollen held out his hand. "How do you do?" He asked kindly. I took his hand and shook it. "How do you think I'm doing? We might all die today." Hollen nodded warily. A werewolf then walked up to him and whispered something in his ear. Hollen shook himself slightly. And nodded to the werewolf. "Yes um...thank you. You're dismissed." The werewolf nodded and walked away. Hollen then turned to Kylie and tapped her on the shoulder. "Miss, they are here, we must ready ourselves." He said. Kylie nodded and turned to me. "Brooke...it's time." I nodded, time it was. Then somebody shouted, "oh my god! Look at the sky!"

     Everyone craned their necks to see the sky, there was a small wispy cloud shape the color of blood against the gray sky. Out through it burst the man everyone was bloodthirsty for: Akir. His robes were no longer of bright colors, but black, jet black. The color of death and darkness. No one did anything, everything was still and quiet. Akir let out a mad laugh. "Ha ha, I see you got my present, hmm?" He said sweeping an arm over the destroyed valley. So Jayze didn't destroy the castle, Akir must have on purpose when he made his escape. Akir gestured to the red splotch of sky. "You see this here? This represents a few of your fallen. The more Ivorians that die, well, the redder the sky will grow." 

     Akir waved a hand, and an army of strange cloaked figures appeared. Their cloaks were violet, and their eyes swirled with madness. "I'd like you to meet some friends of mine. The tellers." Jayze wrinkled his nose. "There's no such thing as the tellers!" He shouted at Akir. "Who are they really?" Akir scowled. "Just some Ivorians who now, because of me, can see the future. So they all know exactly what attacks you're all about to use." Everyone stood silent. It was going to be impossible to defeat them. How could we catch them off guard when...we can't catch them off guard! Akir tilted his head. 

     "Well what's everybody waiting for? Let the battle...commence!" I threw myself at one of the tellers. I shot electricity from my fingertips, but the teller leisurely dogded. I sent a burst of energy in their direction, but they flipped up and landed gracefully, unscathed. I looked up at the sky, clouds of red dotted the gray, it looked like a blood storm was brewing. How was I supposed to fight this guy? While I was contemplating the subject, the teller lurched forward and kicked my jaw, I felt the hot blood well up, and I wiped it away, leaving the back of my hand scarlet. Then I realized, what if I changed my attack at the last minute? 

     Would they know? Can they read minds? Or was I just insane? It was worth a shot, but before I could commence with the idea, a voice spoke in my head. Brooke. I sent a blast of fire towards the teller, he wasn't quick enough and it caught on his cloak, he shot into the air, and I forgot about him completely. Brooke! Listen to me! Look at the boars. Now. It was Luna. Determined to find out where she had been when Stephan needed her, I looked over at the boars. I could just see her black lace-up boots sticking out from underneath one of the big boars. I looked around and ducked through the crowd, heading towards her.

     Once I reached the boar, I ran to the other side. I was not prepared for what I saw. "Luna!"