A Tragic Discovery

I ran out of the throne room, running through the halls. I could hear the guards escorting Jayze out of the castle. I couldn't believe he went from that boy I used to know, to the Chief of the werewolves. I ran up staircases, and through halls, until I came to Akir's study. He wasn't there. Mara, one of the maids, was tidying up in the study. "Mara, where is Akir?" I ask, Mara looked up from the scrolls she was sifting through. "Oh dear my, you haven't heard, have you now?"
     I didn't know what Mara was talking about. "Um no, I don't remember hearing anything about anything." Mara stopped sifting through the scrolls completely, and walked over to me. "Oh Brooke, I have terrible news, Akir is ill, very ill, they don't think he'll make it past a week from today." I couldn't believe what I was hearing. "What? No! Akir isn't even that old!" I didn't wait for a reply from Mara, I took off down the hall to Akir's chamber. I burst in, the healer was sitting next to Akir, who was lying in bed with a sick look on his face.
     He was a pale shade of green, and he barely moved. "Akir! What happened? When did this happen?" Akir didn't move, the healer spoke for him. "He's been like this for a while now, ever since you left actually." I thought about that, if he was sick, how could he send me the telepathic messages? "Will he be ok?" I asked the healer. "Hard to say," she said, "he's been taking his medicine, so he should be fine." The healer had black hair and purple eyes, she had on a purple tank top, and a long black wool shawl.
She was wearing a short black skirt lined with purple. She had black boots with purple laces tidy up all the way. She had two feathers in her hair, both purple. Not the typical look for a healer. I nodded to her, and left the room. I know I had to think about rescuing Rex's life, but was Akir's life more important?