Battle In The Woods

"Over there! In the woods!" Yelled Luna. We ran into the woods, and followed the sound of shouts and bangs, the sound of fighting. I turned my shoulder to Luna. "Over here, come on!" We ran and ran, finally we came towards a clearing. Three Ivorians were facing four werewolves. Two werewolves already lay on the ground dead. I watched as Luna slid two daggers out of bands on her wrists. I looked at her in awe. "Wha...?" I murmured.She smirked. "Come on, let's join in!" I shook off my surprise and joined in the fight.
      I leaped at a werewolf an Ivorian was having trouble fighting, and gave him a hard punch in the jaw. "Oooowwww!" Howled the werewolf. I gave him a hard kick in the soft spot, and he ran deep into the woods. I turned to help Luna, but she had already taken out the other three. "Wow Luna, I'm surprised." She smiled. "Thanks." She said. "I have to have some way to protect myself." Then all of a sudden she tensed up. "Luna, what is it?" I asked. "I smell blood." She said. I frowned. "But we just fought some werewolves. Of course there is going to be blood."
     She shook her head. "No...this is different." And she took off through the woods. "Luna, wait!" I followed her for along time, until we came to another clearing, and in the middle of the clearing, was a dead body. I approached closer, and reached down to turn over the body. The moment I turned him over, I saw the face I had seen in my dreams for days, it was Rex. "Ahh!" I screamed. I collapsed on his dead body, willing it all to be a dream. "No, no, no, no, no!" I said. "REX!" I cried over his body. "You're kidding me..." I whispered. His throat was slit, and his eyes were glazed over. Sitting on his chest was a folded up piece of paper.
     I didn't have the energy to take it, I just wanted to lay here and hold him, hoping there was still some life left. So Luna grabbed the note for me. She exhaled softly. "It says, You took too long, so I killed him. Be warned: we are coming for you..." She dropped down next to me. I didn't care what the note said. I just stared at Rex. "Luna...this isn't happening right...?" She shook her head. "It is, Miss...we need to prepare for the worst."