A Secret Revealed

"Brooke! Are you okay? What is going on?!" I heard Kylie's voice cry. I pried away from Jayze, and turned to Kylie. "Um...am I interrupting something?" She asked with a smile. "Uh, no." Jayze helped me up and we looked at what was once the castle, but now lay as a pile of rubble. "Uh oh, um, sorry about that. I didn't think that was going to happen." Kylie shrugged. "It doesn't matter anymore, us being in the war we're in, it was going to happen sooner or later. Anyways, why are you here? Besides to confess your love for Brooke." She said with a smirk. I shied a little. "Actually I'm here because Akir tried to pull a fast one." 

     Kylie's eyes widened and she gasped. "He did! Again?" I snapped my focus towards Kylie. "What do you mean, again?" I asked. Kylie looked uncomfortable. "Uh...I mean...aw crap." She put her face in her hands. "Kylie! You knew about this? You knew that Akir was this...freakin' menace?!" I screamed. Kylie cringed a little. "Um...sort of, kind of? I don't know..." She said. "You did know! Wh-why wouldn't you tell me?" I asked. Kylie sighed. "Look...I saw Akir drink his powder one day and he made me swear not to tell anyone...or he would kill me." I started towards her. "Kylie! That information could have helped us! Our kingdom is destroyed and it's all because of you!" 

     Kylie cowered a bit. "Look, I-I'm sorry, really! I just-" "Ugh, just go! Get out of here!" I shouted. Kylie widened her eyes. "What why? You can't just...banish me, or whatever!" I didn't want to kick my best friend out, but what she had done really angered me. "Oh my God, yes I can...everything is destroyed! People ar-are dead! I can't have someone I don't trust on my side!" Kylie frowned. "Your side? Since when is it your side? I thought we were fighting this war together!" I kicked at the rubble. "Not anymore! Now go! Get out of here!" Kylie turned to go. "Fine! I will go, I don't need you people!" She ran off into the woods, and I felt no pain in letting her go.