A Day without You

“morning sica-baby,” Yuri then waved her left arm. Getting a chair next to Jessica, she noticed that Tiffany wasn’t here yet.

“where’s fany-ah?” she gently rest her right arm on the desk, and scribbles some of Jessica’s books. Jessica shrugs her shoulders.

“morning you two,” Taeyeon then entered the room, placing her things on her desk, she asked the same thing. Same response was given by Jessica. A moment after that, the school bell rings. Students then start setting themselves and gather up to their respective seats. Still, there were no sign of Tiffany. One class after another, Tiffany didn’t show up to school. After their last class, Taeyeon approach Jessica.

“Hey, do you know why she didn’t go to school today?” as Taeyeon fixed her back pack.

“Nope, she didn’t even text or call me. Wonder what happen,” putting a book on top of the other, she inserted them all at once into her bag.

“if you’re that worried about her, why don’t you call her then,” Jessica added before hooking her bag in her shoulder.

“uhm, I.. I forgot my phone,” Taeyeon lied.

“aww, no wonder you ask me, hold on a sec.” Jessica fished out her phone on her pocket and dialled up some numbers.

Rrrrriiiiinnnngggg  …. Rrrrriiiiinnnngggg

Click*

“h-hello?” a weak voice answered.

“Tiff?” Jessica’s eyes furrowed.

“a-ah, J-Jeshi, *cough *cough*”

“Tiff, are you sick?” Jessica let her bag rest on the desk.

“oh, it’s noding, I’m payn,” Tiffany’s words are not clear enough for Jessica to understand.

“what?”

“I said I’m payn,” Tiffany managed to say it.

“payn? What the hell is that Tiff?” Jessica is getting irritated now.

“I said I’m phayn,”

“phayn? The hell?”

“Jessica she was saying she was FINE. I think she has a cold.” Yuri added.

“so you are sick, am I right Tiff? Is that why you didn’t attend school? Why didn’t you tell me?” Tiffany couldn’t response. Yuri then grabs Jessica’s phone.

“Fany-ah, it’s Yuri. We’ll be going to your house okay, no buts. Cyah.” Yuri then disconnect the call.

“what did she say?” Jessica asked.

“she said nothing. Now let’s go, we’ll visit her.” Yuri then winked at Jessica.

“TaeTae, you coming?” Yuri asked Taeyeon.

“No. I.. I have something to do. You two go ahead.” Taeyeon then left the room before them.

*what was that?* Jessica thought to herself.

“So, it’s just me and you huh, Sica-baby?”

“stop calling me that!” Yuri just laughed at the actions of the shorter girl.

Yuri and Jessica arrived at Tiffany’s house an hour after they got out of school. They first stopped in a 24hour convenient store and buy something for Tiffany.

“Hey Sica, are you this is enough?” swinging the plastic bag that she has in her left hand.

“I think that will do. Honestly, why did Taeyeon didn’t come with us.” Jessica then fished out some keys in her bag’s pocket and inserted one into the keyhole of the door. Upon unlocking the door, the two entered the house. Jessica then saw the letter that Mr. and Mrs. Hwang have left for Tiffany.