Kevin x Reader - In Case

Note: This chapter took me a while to do and I hope it comes out very interesting for all of you to read. So enjoy, FYI, I know this chapter is kind of sad but don't forget to vote. Song Inspired by Demi Lovato – In Case.
____________________________________________________________________________________

It's been 2 years today ever since Kevin died; you were now a wreck and living off the grid without the Winchester brothers. Dean tried to reach out and call to you to see if you're doing alright, but he's unable to. No matter who he contacted, your family and even hunters from ever state is unable to locate where you were. Sam was healed to his normal self no more Ezekiel using him as a vessel. He felt guilty of what he did to Kevin.

As of for now, you were peacefully living alone in a secluded area within a forest just a few miles away from Seattle. You tried keeping yourself busy by being a survivor in the forest wilderness so that to keep you mind away from remembering Kevin's death, which impacted on your well-being very badly. Currently you were cutting a tree, so that it is easy for you to keep yourself warm at night but to your survival instinct that something was quite off. You stopped cutting down the tree you almost finish with and hide behind a large tree that has many vines hanging from the branches.

After few seconds of hiding, you heard male voices coming closer to where you were hiding and stopped their tracks.

"Hey, you know what? It wasn't my fault that she ran off somewhere that I can't even find her." The first voice said.

"Well, you could have stopped her in time but no you just let her run off and not come back. Thinking she'd be okay on her own?" The second voice was angry at the first one.

"Yeah well, (y/n) is a survivor! Sammy, ever since what you did to the poor girl's friend, that's when she had the nerve to go live a life without us. But when it comes to us Winchester, whenever we make new friends they end up dead. You know that?! I am sick and tired of all this things that keeps happening to us Sam. It's just not worth it." The first male voice retaliates to the man name Sam.

"Okay Dean, first of all, it wasn't my fault that Kevin's dead. But I felt guilty enough to make it up to (y/n) and I couldn't give what I took away from her. Probably for us it's a curse, ever since dad raised us as hunters from a very young age." Sam retaliates back to Dean.

As you heard their conversation, you were sobbing quietly as possibly not wanting them hear you from behind the tree you were hiding. Can I be able to confront them? Should I show myself after all those years hiding away from them? As you were in thought, the blade you were currently holding slips from you grasp and made a sound not to your liking. Shit! They probably heard that and might think it's an animal or the supernatural.

While Sam and Dean were in the middle of a conversation they heard the noise, Dean gave a signal to Sam to go the other way round of the tree behind them. Both of the Winchesters was always prepared with guns in their hands, but unknowingly to them it was you behind the tree. As the both of them reached behind the tree at the same time and cocked their guns pointing at you.

"Don't move!" Dean shouted at you.

You were standing there frozen; you were trying to calm yourself down from sobbing too much but was not able to.

"Who are you? Why are you hiding from us?" Sam asked.

"I-if I tell you, you would not believe me." You spoke up.

"Why do you look and sound so familiar? Have we met before? By the way, I'm not trying to sound like a creep, picking up strange chicks on the middle of Seattle forest." Dean asked.

"Hell, it has been 2 years hasn't it? I've been that good at getting off the grid from the both of you after the incident at the bunker." You wiped off your tears.

"Wait... (Y/n)? Is it really you? We've been looking everywhere for you for two years now. I cannot believe you're still alive." Sam was shocked to see you.

"Yes Sammy, it's me. (Y/n) (L/n). I know my appearance really changes in a flash within two years." You were instantly hugged by Sam and he cried onto your shoulder.

"(Y/n), I'm so sorry for what happened to Kevin. It was my entire fault what I did to him." Sam apologize to you.

"Sam, it's alright. I know you didn't mean all of it. Besides it wasn't you who did that to Kevin." You patted Sam.

"Okay guys enough with the chit chat here and bring it back home to the bunker. It's getting late." Dean informed.

{Timeskip back to the Bunker}

It's been so long, you haven't felt home. As you where mindlessly walking around the bunker, you went to your old room which was still in its rightful place. Dean and Sam really kept my room clean in case I got back to the bunker. You sat down at the edge of your bed and look around something caught you attention and went over to the jacket rack. One of the jacket seem so familiar to you then it hit you it was Kevin's jacket. Who would have hanged it there for me?

"Hey (y/n). If you need anything just tell Sam and I, well b-" Dean was cut off by you hugging Kevin's jacket and sobbing.

"Dean..." You look up to him.

"(Y/n), I'm sorry. It's just, ugh; you might need it in a memory of Kevin." Dean sighed, he felt like mentally punching himself.

Dean went over to you and let you cry out on his chest. Sam came into your room and saw you hugging his brother. When both of the brothers calm you down, they talked with you for a few minutes.

"(Y/n), the reason that we kept Kevin's jacket in your room is that you might want to held it on to his memory." Dean started talking.

"Dean, Sam that was nice of you. But, I know one day eventually that I had to let it all go." You told the both of the boys.

"(Y/n), we know you don't find what you're looking for and you're missing what you had before. You must change your mind and will be always be waiting here for you. You're welcomed home by the both of us with open arms." Sam said to you.

"Thank you Sammy." You side hugged him, since he is taller than you.

"You know what, as Demi Lovato once said in her song In Case 'Strong enough to leave you, But weak enough to need you, Cared enough to let you walk away.' That line reminded so much about you (Y/n)." Dean informed you, which made you chuckled.

"Since when do you here sad songs Dean Winchester? Especially Demi Lovato." You made the Winchester boys laugh.

"What? Can a man or even a person choose any song they want to listen to? It isn't a sin." Dean said sarcastically.

"Whatever Dean." You rolled your eyes.

From there, you kept Kevin's jacket in a memory of him just in case what makes you keep going in life. Thanks to the Winchester boys who helped you and kept you reshape your life back to normal.