Nobody's Angel: Ch. 21 {A Vampire Romance}

Seth stood there, as you had probably guessed, staring at me worriedly. Now, I know what you’re thinking. You’re thinking that I finally realized my true and undying love for him. You think we’re going to whisk away into the sunset and have eight kids by next year. You think I’m going to change and get married as soon as possible.

You’re wrong. By a long shot.

“Seth! Behind you!” I cried. Before he even comprehended what I had said, Owen had knocked him to the ground, standing over him. He kicked his side, effectively rolling him over onto his back.

“You think you can get rid of me that easily?” he spat. “You think I’m going to give up?” His red, hard eyes were ablaze with anger and a thirst for revenge. “Wes, Ian!” he called. “Get in here!” A brown and blonde were by his side in an instant.

The brunette boy’s brown, curly hair contrasted with his pale skin, and his red eyes gave him a dangerous aurora around his what would’ve been playful looks. He was in dark jeans, black boots, a grey shirt, and a leather jacket. If he was in the human world, his whole appearance would have screamed ‘druggie in recovery.’

The blonde’s hair was straight and reached his chin. A white shirt, black leather pants, another black leather jacket, and black boots covered most of his albino looking skin. He had sunglasses over his eyes, and a skull belt in his belt loops, painfully obvious that it was only for show. When he felt my eyes on him, his head snapped to me and he snarled, a sound that I would’ve thought could only come from a wild animal.

“Ian, take lover boy here. Wes, get the girl.” They didn’t question Owen, quickly doing as he said. Deciding to be difficult, I moved out of the way when Wes, the druggie, came at me. I briefly glanced Ian picking up a knocked out Seth. Owen had lunged for Marshall, and they were in a heavy brawl.

I stared, shocked that Marshall had his work cut out for him. Owen was a surprisingly good enough fighter to take on Marshall. I gasped when Owen actually picked Seth’s father up, and threw him across the room into a wall of glass. It shattered, sounding like thunder and looking like lightning when the glare of the sun caught it. Rain sounds echoed around the room when the tiny pieces hit the wooden flooring.

“Owen, we gotta go!” Ian warned, hoisting Seth over his shoulder. I felt a sharp prick in my arm, and I glanced down to see a needle shoved in it, quickly injecting something that was a sickly yellow color. I felt sick to my stomach all over again. No, not because of the needle, but because of whatever was in the needle.

“Let’s get out of here,” Owen ordered, but his voice was very faint. Black lapped at the corner of my eyes. My blood roared in my ears until I could barely hear a thing. “Don’t fight it, princess,” he sneered at me. “You don’t stand a chance.”

“Marshall?” I called, panicked as to what happened to him. I saw him lying on the floor, facedown, with a spot in his arm faintly oozing blood. Drugged. Of course, there were multiple other spots on his tan skin seeping blood from the sharp glass, but they seemed to be healing as quick at they had appeared.

“C’m’ere,” Owen grunted. Wes handed me off to him, and he effortlessly picked me up. I didn’t feel his shoulder digging into my stomach before I blacked out completely.

I felt like I was floating. However long, I didn’t really know. I just knew I couldn’t feel my body, and it felt like I was drifting upwards… Then nothing. Somewhere in the back of my mind, I knew I had blacked out again, conciousness never really greeting me fully.

            The next thing I felt after that weightlessness was soreness. My muscles moaned in protest even though I was just sitting still. Or, I think I was. I didn’t really know for sure yet. Everything kind of mingled together, merging into one another so much I couldn’t really decipher anything. I couldn’t feel the different parts of my body. I couldn’t count the seconds passing by, so I had no idea how much time passed. Eventually, I just stopped trying and allowed my body to relax. I didn’t remember anything else for a long time.