Chapter Four || I'm Doing Me

Start from the beginning

"LaLa, chill out. I'm good girl, fuck them both girl. The stuff is really starting to not phase me any more. If she happy about having him, let the girl be happy. Fuck it, he's not my problem or concern any more." I said and then turned towards her."Have your little fun baby girl. You can say what you want about me, you took him from me, you fucked him in my bed, the whole nine yards, but what you won't do is speak on our child. So I advise you to watch yo words when referring to my daughter. Now let's go LaLa." I said grabbing her arm and moving away from the girl before I went back and did what I didn't want to.

Lauren tried to turn and follow her, but I kept a hold on her mean ass before she could get far and pulled her back over to the Chinese stand to get both our food. Once we'd gotten it, we found a small square table off to ourselves and took a seat without a word. I was still mad about the whole situation, but just decided that I wouldn't allow it to ruin my mood for the rest of the day.

"You should have let me got that bitch Kamille. She was being way too disrespectful," LaLa said as she poured her soy sauce all over her rice and began to eat after saying her grace. I did the same and dug into my plate of shrimp fried rice and wontons.

"Fuck her, besides, it's not your fight anyway LaLa it's mine and I'm not going to fight her, I think too highly of myself to be fighting in somebody mall over a hoe that slept with my baby's father, that's all he is to me now, so fuck it. I'm good, Raegan is good, so what's to even fight about?" I said and she gave me a bold look like I was stupid and shook her head at me.

"I understand that, you not gone fight her and you shouldn't because it's stupid, but that 'not my fight shit' is dead and you know it K. Fuck that, you my sister, we ain't got to be blood, we been friends since I could count. Your fight is my fight bitch. A bitch get wrong with you, she then got wrong with my ass too. You already know how I rock on that, so stop saying that. I wasn't gone let you fight because of Raegan, but LaLa don't give a fuck and you know that. Beat a bitch up? Yup. Right here in this damn mall. As long as you bail me out as soon as I get booked because a bitch a made for no jail." She said and I couldn't help but to just crack and laugh at how crazy she was. It was kind of a good thing, she balanced me out. I didn't care what anybody had to say, she had my back through whatever it was, right or wrong.

"You are something else Lauren Lashun," I chuckled.

"Yeah bitch, I know. Momma always told me, she ain't never lied." she responded and I cracked one more laugh and smiled. My best friend was the truth, watch what I tell you.

We sat in the foodcourt of the mall, finishing up our plate of food over some small conversation that had no limit. Once we had gotten our stomachs on swole, we shopped around a little bit more to walk our food down and then we left the mall, going our separate ways until later. I headed to go and spend some time with my lover before I'd leave her with her grands all night, since I'd be out doing only God knows what.

I don't know why I always felt that I could never go out and have have real fun because of my daughter. It was just that I tried my best to be a good mother, a great mother to her, like my mother had been to me. I know that going to clubs, drinking, and maybe even smoking doesn't  make you a bad mother at all, but I just felt that I should spend as much of my time with my baby girl as I possibly could. Tonight won't be that way though, I'm branching out on my own. I will be going out for the first time in over a year, for myself. The night was still young, I had no idea how it would really turn out, but honestly I was ready for it. Tonight, I was doing me and no one could stop me from doing so. It was about time for Kamille to think about Kamille for a change and have some fun.
________________