seven

"I can't show myself off to you because I can't even look in the mirror without wanting to cry, Vic! Shit, most of the times, I do cry!" I yelled back in a high-pitched voice. "How am I supposed to be good enough for you when I'm not even good enough for myself?!"

It was silent for a moment before he said something.

"Kellin, you're more than good enough for me. You're everything I've ever wanted, okay?" He told me with a soft tone of voice.

I didn't say anything. I just let the tears roll down my cheeks and stared at the car's carpet floor. That floor quickly became the most interesting thing in the world.

"Don't cry, baby. No matter what it takes, I will love you until you learn to love yourself. I'll love you after that, too. I'll always love you." Vic told me.

"I love you, too." I said, letting my voice crack, still not looking at him.

"I know, love. Let's go home." He suggested.

I nodded my head and cried quietly for the rest of the drive.

When we got home, we simply laid on our bed and talked quietly with the lights off. Eventually, we both fell asleep in each other's arms.
°

"I'm home, babe!" Vic yelled from the living room.

It had been a week since my breakdown. I was in our room watching TV under the covers of our bed, waiting for Vic to come home from the store, but I guess he came back. I got up in my groggy state and walked out to the living room where Vic was.

"Holy crap. You bought a lot of groceries." I said.

"Actually, they aren't all for us." He told me.

I looked at him, confused with an eyebrow raised. "What do you mean?"

"We're throwing a pool party!" He exclaimed happily.

My eyes went wide. A pool meant no shirt. A party meant lots of people. A pool party meant lots of people seeing me with no shirt.

"Vic, we don't even have a pool." I said, trying to make up an excuse to cancel this. I already knew what his answer would be but it was worth a try.

"I know. We're gonna have it at my parents' house." He smiled widely.

"Don't you think you should have told me?" I asked, panicking a bit.

"I wanted to surprise you. You said you wanted to get out of the house..." He replied with a worried tone of voice.

Now I felt bad.

"I- okay." I said, plastering a soft smile on my face and grabbing a few groceries from him.

"Awesome." He smiled back.

I began unpacking the groceries that weren't for the party and putting them away. Vic did the same.

"So, who's all coming?" I asked.

"Just the boys, maybe their girlfriends, and a couple of my other friends and family members. You can invite people too, by the way." He answered.

"Wait, doesn't that mean Jaime is gonna be there?" I wondered worriedly.

"Uh...yeah. Is that okay? He's not being all weird anymore." He said.