Chapter 19- Cut It Out

I fill my mom up on a few things she missed while she was gone. Like how James had just asked me to homecoming and how I'm friends with Cora and Thalia, I mean Tay, again. My mom then gets a text and says that she has to go because Bradley is waiting for her outside. I give her a hug and then go back to the living room.

"So? What's new?" He asks, and I tell him everything.

"Would you want to go with me. I know it might be dumb and we might just end up eating hot dogs and fruit and such and they might not taste good but I mean," I reply and I keep rambling before I get interrupted.

"Of course I'll go," he says and I smile. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~

My whole week is a bit stressful. I have a lot of quizzes and tests since the first quarter is ending soon. Eventually, it is the weekend and James comes over an hour before the party so we can hang out, just us two.

I am all dressed up for the party and his jaw drops when I open the door. My dirty blonde hair is in loose waves. I'm wearing a bit of foundation, mascara, and a matte, dark rose pink lipstick. I'm wearing a dark blue dress. It's a bit short so I make sure to wear spandex underneath. It has a really pretty lace design around the neckline. I paired it with silver sandals and I'm wearing a silver anklet too.

James walks in and I give him a hug. He's carrying a fruit platter in his left hand so he barely hugs me back. Anyways, I look to see what he's wearing and he looks so handsome. His curly hair is trimmed up and looks really nice. His eyes look more sparkling then ever. He's wearing a white shirt that's tucked into a pair of black jeans. Over top of the white shirt, he has a tan cardigan on.

"You look beautiful," James says as I pull away from the hug.

"So do you," I reply and he laughs. We walk to the kitchen and he sets the platter on the counter. For the next hour, we watch an episode of Gossip Girl. It makes me laugh at the fact that he watches it with me.

Eventually, it is time to go. James drives Tommy and I to the park. When we show up, there are flower garlands decorating the wooden roof that covers the picnic tables. On the picnic tables, there is tons of food. You can find anything from hot dogs to mac n' cheese to brownies to some weird Mexican rice that looks like it's covered in salt.

"Hi mom!" I say as we walk up to her. My mom is wearing a pale pink maxi dress and has her hair half up half down.

"Aw, thank you dears for bringing that fruit, I hadn't been seeing much stuff on the healthier side," my mom replies.

"Hi mom," Tommy mutters.

"Hi sweet pea, I missed you," she replies and gives him a hug. My mom and Tommy hadn't seen each other since she got back. He knew as much as I did though.

"I missed you too," he states.

"So, mom, where's Bradley?" I ask.

"Oh, he's over there in the white jeans and purple polo shirt. His daughter, Lindsay, is the one in the lilac dress. She has her friends over there too. The Mexican one is Maria. The chubbier girl is Kary," my mom answers. A moment later, Bradley walks over here with the three girls behind him.

Bradley is a very short, stick thin man. He has black hair with grey highlights, and looks a bit old. He has bushy eyebrows and a bushy beard.

"My darlings, how wonderful it is to meet you!" Bradley greets us with his thick, Italian accent. He hugs Tommy, James, and I tightly.