3 - The Cheerleader And The Cage Fighter.... Are Dance Partners?

Start from the beginning

"He's in our English class Chelsea and a few others" I continued.

Chelsea giggled.

"I know that, I just wanted to add a touch of drama, it wouldn't have been as exciting if I'd just said Kaydie why is that Liam boy talking to you"

Wow, I love Chelsea but sometimes she can be a bit "special".

"But yeah, why is he talking to you?" she asked.

"Well you know I had to take Max to his boxing lesson?" I said, pausing for her to say yes, "Well I get there and the owner tells me to take Max to this Liam guy who's gonna train him and well as you can probably guess, it was that Liam"

"Wahey! You think you're gonna be surrounded by sweaty old men and then you wind up with a hottie like that there" Chelsea said, nudging me and grinning as if I was the luckiest girl alive. Little did she know.

I noticed the frown on Jordans face when Chelsea described Liam as a hottie.

"He's horrible, I didn't do anything and straight away he was taking the mickey out of me acting as if I was a bimbo, telling me that the gym wasn't a salon" I complained.

"What a monster" Jordan gasped, clearly mocking me. He laughed at his own "joke" like the loser kid that he is.

"He is" I said indignantly, "It's not right to treat people like that for no reason, he doesn't know me at all. I could have gone in there and told him I thought he was a drug taking waste of space but I didn't!"

"That is pretty rude" Chelsea said, agreeing with me. I was glad that at least one of them saw my point of view.

"Plus he's the bimbo himself" I pointed out, "Max doesn't even have a class there tonight"

I was just about to start teasing Jordan about the fact he'd watched Romeo and Juliet with Chelsea when the bell for the end of lunch rang.

Hmmm, saved by the bell.

************

Okay, so maybe Liam wasn't a bimbo.

When I got home from my volunteer job that night Max was sat waiting for me with his new gym bag. I volunteer at a residential home for the elderly twice a week; my mum and dad thought it was stupid but I loved it. Well when I say I volunteer, it started off initially as being classed as volunteering but after it had finished (it was a class project) I kept going back to see a lady that I had befriended.

"Erm buddy, your class is tomorrow" I said ruffling his hair and walking past him to the kitchen to get a drink.

He ran after me.

"Dad booked me a class tonight as well!" he said excitedly, bouncing around me while I got a can of diet coke from the fridge.

I mentally groaned and headed to my dads office.

"Dad, I can't take him to his class, I have homework" I complained, leaning on the doorframe.

It wasn't a lie, I had a big stash of Biology homework to get finished.

"Take it with you" my dad said simply, not even bothering to look up from the papers he was currently reading.

Sometimes I just wanted to scream "LOOK AT ME!" at him; occasionally I'd say random things to my dad like "Owch dad my arms just been bitten off by a man-eating bear that's now running round our garden" to get a reaction but even then he either wouldn't reply because he hadn't listened or he'd just give me short instructions. When I reported the fake bear incident to him he told me to ask my mum for a bandage. Yeah right, as if my mum knew where our first aid box was.