Chapter 9: The Gay Incubus

Start from the beginning

"H-huh? Oh! Sorry!" I stopped abruptly, quickly realizing that was a very bad idea.

The world continued moving despite my knowing my feet no longer propelled my body in its previous circles. Before the back of my head slammed into the marble floor beneath us, Ty had wrapped his arms and nimbly pulled me back upright. I was promptly released as soon as he thought I wouldn't flop backwards – or in any other direction for that matter – again.

"Sorry, I'm such a klutz," I said, laughing nervously after.

He just stared at the wall awkwardly. I wanted to say something to make the situation better, but I didn't know what.

"Let me go grab the next dress," he said suddenly, quickly moving back around the screen.

I sighed and carefully removed the cloud-like dress. I suppose it hadn't looked as good on me as I had thought. After placing over the screen in a way a mother would set her firstborn child down in a cot, it was snatched away as quickly and harshly as my clothes before had been. I hoped the dress wouldn't be torn.

Like before, the dress I had just been wearing was replaced by another, only this one was a deep, sky blue, like in the late evening, just before the stars came out. My fingers ran over it, and it was soft to the touch, but more noticeable than the one that came before it. I pulled it down, my breath hitching at its shockingly short length.

"I am not wearing this," I said, immediately throwing it back over the screen.

It was placed exactly how it had been before. "You haven't even put it on yet. Trust me honey, you'll look great."

I sighed, pulling it back down and sliding it on reluctantly. Despite knowing and feeling the fabric on my body this time, I could feel how incredibly short it was, just barely reaching my mid-thigh. I was scared to look in the mirror, I already knew the dress was strapless from just the way it fit and the fact my arms hadn't caught on anything as it slid on.

Taking a deep breath, I closed my eyes and took three steps in the direction of the mirror before opening them slowly. The dress had gold trims, enhancing the already deep blue of the dress. I ran my hands along my sides, trying to push the dress as far down as possible without exposing more of my breasts.

"Are you done? Can I come look now?" called Tyrone.

"Um, yeah, I think so..."

He came back around and took a long look at my outfit before sighing and bowing his head as though ashamed.

"W-what?! Is there something wrong? Did I not put it on right?" I looked down, frantically patting down the dress and trying to find some indication I had it on backwards.

"No, I just don't know what I was thinking with that shade of blue. I should have gone darker, and the gold should have more coppery tones. Ugh, I'll have to start from scratch on this one."

I blinked, surprised at his comment. Not like that was a first for me.

"You made this dress?" I asked.

"I make all the clothing of the noble's in this castle. I've grown quite fond of dressing the upper class, they at least appreciate my artistic ability."

I stared at him in awe as he picked at and adjusted my dress. All my life, I've wanted to create things, I've tried traditional art, music, fashion, culinary techniques, and everything in between, but I was never satisfied with the end result. They never held as true beauty as I had envisioned in my mind. Meeting someone with the talent I lacked was always a humbling experience for me.

"Could you teach me how you do this?"

"Hm? You mean design clothing?"

"Yes."

He stood back, giving me another once-over before meeting my eyes. "It's not really something that can be taught, at least, not when it comes to meaningful and unique designs. But sure, I can show you the basis of textiles and form-fitting."

I smiled and hugged him tightly. "Thank you, thank you, thank you!" I exclaimed, filled with sudden excitement at the thought of being able to sew and cut fabric into shapes that will hopefully fit a person's body in a way that complimented them and sat comfortably on their skin.

"Anyway, onto the next one." And with that, I was told to undress and wait for the next article of clothing.

Just as the two before, this dress was hastily draped over the screen in an elegant cascade. This dress was a deep red. I pulled it down so I could hold it out to get a full view. This dress was a floor length with long sleeves, so I was already much more comfortable trying this on than the previous one. There were orange blossoms embroidered around the waistline. I finally slipped the fabric over my skin. The material of this garment as cloud-like as the first, despite its dense appearance. Once I had made sure it was fastened properly, I walked over to the full-length mirror to look at myself.

It was absolutely gorgeous. The red tones made my already pale skin luminous as ivory. Like the other dresses, this one hugged my body in a way that made my hips seem to curve even more than they did naturally. The orange blossom embroidery actually extended passed my waist and down along my right side to the bottom edges of the skirt. Behind me dragged a short train with more orange blossoms scattered through it. The sleeves also had an excess of fabric that fluttered around as I moved my hands. The whole arrangement was entrancing; I didn't have the will power to look away right away. It may seem narcissistic, but I wasn't even looking at myself. I had eyes only for the dress.

"Cello? Are you done yet? My goodness you take your sweet time changing," said Ty.

That snapped me out of my hypnosis. I quickly walked around the screen and into Ty's view, sleeves and train fluttering behind me.

"Wow, that is definitely something we'll have to keep saved. Darling, you look absolutely stunning," he said without even really looking at me. I wasn't offended though, I myself had experienced the awesome power this dress had over human attraction. Well, succubine attraction at least.

This time he walked around me instead of asking me to spin, wanting to see the train himself with it being twisted up. When he finally came back into my line of vision the expression he bore told me he greatly approved.

"You definitely have to wear this one for your audience with the Harpies."

That's when I remembered what this little game of dress-up was really meant for. "Is that woman really one of my consorts?" I'd never considered having any kind of romantic relationship with a woman, I'd barely ever made friends with one.

"Don't worry sweetheart, her bark is much worse than her bite," Ty said, combing his fingers through my curls gently, careful not to pull any too loose.

"I'm not so sure, those knives looked pretty sharp." I shivered as he pulled on some of the sensitive hairs on the back of my head.

He chuckled softly before patting my shoulders and guiding me over to a vanity. "Don't worry," he said again. "Now, let's see about your makeup."

~*~

([+'