Chapter 2

Loss:

The drive seemed small but the whole way I cried while my heart beat raced, I couldn't help but shake. Dylan grabbed my arm,"babe don't worry it's going to be ok,trust me." I looked at him while his hand went for my hand and I gripped his hand as they intertwined. "Today me and my dad got in an argument Dylan and now look where he is!" I cried,tightening the grip on his hand,"everything is going to be fine, it's going to be ok" he said looking straight into my eyes. I looked forward trying not to think of bad thoughts.

He parked as I open the door to his car,I ran to the entrance with Dylan close behind," I'm here to see my mom and dad!" I yelled practically still crying. "You must be Jackie! Ok your parents are in room 116 on floor 4 go up there quickly!" She yelled to me as I was already making my way to the elevator. Dylan caught up quick and raced into the elevator with me. The elevator reached floor 4 and I raced to find room 116. I slowed down...I knew something was wrong by the time I found the room...my brother was sitting down as he turned his head to me,his eyes red and puffy. I felt my eyes start to sting and I ran to open the door. The first thing I noticed was my mom laying there...with no machines attached. Then a doctor came up to me as I yelled," what is wrong with you! Put machines on her she's dying!"I cried...I was disappointed by how she was just laying there. "I'm sorry, we thought she had a heartbeat when we called you but we were wrong" he said looking over to my mom,"she died on impact." I fell to the ground not sure what to do...I cried. For what seemed like hours but was only minutes. The doctor walked out and I looked up to see my dad laying still. I was happy to hear machines attached to him. "Dad" I whispered,"I'm so sorry,I didn't mean anything, I love you,please don't leave me." I cried, I laid my head on his chest hearing a faint heartbeat, I looked at him and smiled a faint smile then kissed his cheek. I looked over to see my mom, Pail white, I walked over to her,"I'm sorry I couldn't be a better daughter, I tried,I'm sorry I couldn't be the daughter you always wanted,I'm sorry I wasn't there for you,to help you,to hug you..." And with that I stayed still looking at her then cried. I fell asleep sitting next to my mom holding her cold hand.

"Doctor! Doctor! We're loosing him!" I woke up to nurses screaming and panicking racing around the room, I panicked and stood up "what's going on!" I said confused." I'm sorry miss but you have to go...now!" She pushed me outside and I saw my brother standing up staring at me "what's going on!?" He asked "I don't know!" I cried. Running to his arms. I remembered I left Dylan with my brother and turned my head not seeing him in sight "Dylan?" I asked," he left an hour ago, he thought you needed space" he replied. Then the door shot open..."we're sorry,we tried, it just wasn't possible..." Me and my brother fell to the ground and cried for hours

After we cooled down we went in to see my mom and dad...cold and white. I stood next to my dad and told my brother the fight we had in the morning,"mike...do you think this is my fault?" Mike was my brother. "No." He answered,"and neither should you." I looked at him...then I nodded. "Wait...where were they going?" I asked suddenly remembering that they were going somewhere this morning,"it was a surprise...but...not anymore...they were getting you a car to drive so you could drive to school." He replied. "Oh..." I said faintly feeling my eyes burn.

A few weeks had passed and I had been missing school planning the funeral. Since all family members lived far, they came to live with me for a week and helped out to. We all decided my aunt Stacey would start living with me since I didn't want to move schools and cities.

The funeral had passed and my aunt had barley started unpacking, I decided to go back to school. I hadn't talked to anyone since my loss...not even Dylan or Rosie. I was happy to go back to school but once I walked into school grounds...I wanted to turn back and never ever come back again...