Then her feet pitter-pattered out of the room, further down into the Base, to the Greenhouse. It was her favorite spot, especially when she woke up early, and couldn't fall back asleep.

The glass doors slid open with a quiet hiss, the yellow colored lights glowing in the dark, and the silver moonlight from the refracting mirrors dusting the ground in a glittering layer of light.

Dawn walked on the classic cobblestone steps, regretting profusely of her decision not to wear sandals. A Poliwag waddled by, squinting tiredly at the out of place trainer.

"Poliwag?" the little Pokemon asked, tilting its head.

The Poliwag grinned more and more Pokemon gathered, Flying Pokemon onto trees, Grass and Bug Pokemon among the trees, and water Pokemon, along the bubbling stream that ran past.

"Staraptor?"

"Beau."

"Luvdisc?"

Dawn broke out in a smile as she quickly ran onto the bridge, careful not to spill her water.

"Hey guys! I'm back. I have so much to tell you!" Dawn giggled, taking a sip as she swung her legs. She sat on the handlebars, carefree and worry-free. Then she retold everything that had happened that day, from beginning to end, her expression showing just how she felt about the situations.

Paul's footsteps were absolutely silent, even with the heavy combat boots he had on. The Greenhouse was nearly completely silent, and Paul didn't understand why the Pokemon weren't flocking to him, curious about his intrusion. They had done that every other time he had come here. Though it wasn't often. Just when he was missing home and feeling extra lonely.

But then, he heard the chatter and bubbly muttering of the Pokemon ahead. His silent footsteps picked up, as he emerged from behind some large fronds, where a couple Shroomish turned to stare at him.

"And...It was so scary! She was a limp and..." Paul heard someone trail off, seemingly lost in thought. Blue hair and the dramatic wave of a hand.

Paul scrubbed at his face thoughtfully, before making the connection. "Dawn?" Paul asked. He was surprised for the first time in a long time.

Dawn turned around, her mouth in an 'o', and her blue eyes wide with shock. "Paul!? What're you doing here?" Dawn gasped.

"Uh...because I can?" Paul said stiffly, retreating to sit on a stone bench, the few Swablu were perched on it, but they quickly fluttered away, landing flat onto the ground. To Dawn's surprise, Paul actually bent over and ruffled one of the Swablu's feathers, and it chirped happily in contentment.

"Oh. Well...I just didn't expect you to come to the Greenhouse of all places. This is my go-to place if I can't sleep," Dawn said almost shyly, before realizing the private information she just gave off.

"Can't sleep?" Paul asked.

"Yeah...with May and all that. Thought I'd grab a cup of water and...Talk to my friends," Dawn nodded, waving grandly at the assembled Pokemon. "I rarely can't fall asleep, it's just every time stress became too much, or something of the similar sort."

"Hm," Paul said, acting like he didn't care.

The two stared off, Paul challenging Dawn to engage him in more small talk, and Dawn challenging Paul to stop being such an ass.

For a few minutes, the Pokemon murmured uneasily, before Dawn sighed deeply, then pretended that Paul wasn't listening and started her story from where she left off, getting into it, and started describing in detail, everything that had happened.