08: The Awkward Lunch

Picture to the side is of Perrie's outfit :)

Enjoy...

-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|

My eyelids rapidly sprang upwards to an unfamiliar sight. My purple ceiling lamp wasn’t hanging directly above my head, confirming that this wasn’t, in fact, my own personal bedroom. As my eyes adjusted to the darkness, realisation hit me. I was in a cheap motel room in Bradford and I’d just woken up in the middle of the night. The sound of soft breathing caused me to swiftly swing my head to the right. My eyes were greeted with the sight of Lani and Kate, deep in slumber. Careful not to disturb them, I shimmied out of the unnecessarily tight blankets and stepped onto the cold, carpeted floor.

                As I crept across the carpet I caught sight of a digital clock perched on the bedside table. 5.26am. So I hadn’t in fact woken up in the middle of the night, but rather the crack of dawn.  Marvellous.

                I felt a bit groggy so I decided a shower would be a wise choice. I slowly pulled back the bathroom door and flicked the light switch. I turned around in haste to check that I hadn’t woken my companions due to the sudden outburst of brightness. I was highly unadjusted to the light so I squinted heavily as I surveyed the room. There was a vanity stretching across the entire left wall of the room (which wasn’t very grand), as well as a towel rack, shower and a small loo.

                It was impossible to avoid my reflection as I paced towards the shower. My hair was sticking in all directions, my eyes were underlined with purple bags, and the expression on my face could only be described as sour. It was not a pleasant sight, so the only thing I could do was turn away from the mirror and hop in the shower ASAP.

                I stripped out of my pyjamas before turning both taps to make sure the water temperature was not too hot, or not too cold but just right, before stepping into the glass cubical. My body was soaked within an instant and I immediately felt re-energised and fresh. I could’ve hopped out of the shower right then and there and be ready for the day but then I remembered the state of my hair and decided to give it a good wash.  

                I squeezed a decent amount of motel quality shampoo into the palm of my hand and began massaging it into my damp hair. The product smelled strongly of apples, so if it didn’t clean my hair well, at least it would leave it with a lovely scent. I then applied conditioner and later soap to my skin.

                Around three minutes later, I was thoroughly clean. I carefully stepped out of the shower and onto the cold tile floor, in rapid search of a towel. I pulled a pristine white towel from the rack and wrapped it around my body, then tucked it in to form some sort of dress. I then grabbed a second towel, identical to the first and wrapped it around my head. Realising that I’d left my clothes in the living space of our compact motel accommodation; I crept out the bathroom door and snagged the first few things at the top of my suitcase to put together an outfit.

                When I’d returned to the bathroom, I dressed myself in the newly arrived clothes; A tank top, a loose jumper to hang over it and a pair of tracksuit pants. As I walked back out, I grasped the fact that I had absolutely nothing to do. It was just past 5.30, and my two best friends certainly wouldn’t be up for another two hours at least. I didn’t want to disrupt their peaceful sleeps, so doing something that required noise was out of the question.