17

"What does Jace need us to do exactly?" Tamsin questioned as she stood with the two Lightwoods at the entrance of the police station.

"Get the keycard and switch off the power box," Isabelle explained ,"now go talk to the lady."

Alec and Tamsin both looked at each other not knowing who Izzy was referring to ,"Me or him/her?" They both asked pointing at each other.

"I'm not really her type Alec," Izzy said.

"But you're more experienced in this sort of area," Alec argued.

"He has a point," Tammy piped up.

"Wait why don't you do it?" Alec said looking down at Tammy who sent him a look where if looks could kill then he would be 6ft under.

Izzy giggled ,"Alec don't be silly Tammy doesn't swing that way and i'm growing up which means no more flirting for me."

"Fine i'll do it," Alec huffed and went to go over to the women at the desk but Tamsin stopped him and started adjusting his shirt for him ,"what are you doing?"

"Fixing you up a little bit," she responded undoing some of his shirt buttons.

"Yeah i'm not okay with this," he said slowly removing her hands from his shirt and going over to the ladys desk.

Isabelle and Tamsin stayed back as they watched Alec in his awkward attempt at flirting. Tamsin mentally face palmed as she heard him ask the women if she came here often.

"I can't watch this," Tamsin mumbled to Izzy.

"Go help him," Isabelle laughed at her brothers awkwardness.

Tammy shook her head before going over to join Alec. She linked her arm with his and smiled down at the lady ,"Oh I am so sorry my boyfriend is having one of his off days."

Both Alec and the women looked at Tamsin confused ,"Off days?"

"Yeah he has this thing that makes him act a little awkward."

It was Alecs turn to mentally facepalm and he accidentally on purpose knocked over the ladys water all over her desk.

Tamsin breathed a sigh of relief that Alec had found a way to get them out of there increasingly awkward situation.
Alec leant over the women to grab brochures and apologise for the water spillage whilst Tammy flicked the keycard over to Izzy who swiftly caught it as she walked past them.

"Good day lady," Tammy said before pulling Alec away and following after Izzy.

Tammy didn't really pay much attention to anything that was happening after that she just followed behind Isabelle and Alec as they did what they had to do and then when it was time for them to leave again she followed behind them.

The three of them had waited outside for Jace and Clary to appear. Jace looked less than amused but Clary seemed happy as ever.

"We got the cup," Clary cheered.

"What happened to you?" Tammy asked Jace.

"She unnecessarily hit me and got me escorted out by police."

"And i'm sorry but it was the only cover we had," Clary said and Tammy backed away noticing a 'Clace' moment happening.

As Tammys heart was slowly sinking her phone rang and it was Simon.

"Hey Si whats up?"

"I-I-I need help."

"What?why? Whats happening?"

"I went back to the vampires"

"Again? Why would you do that? Do you not remember what happened to us barely 24 hours ago?"

Jace nudged the shorter girl to get her attention,"hang up."

"No Simon needs help."

"There's demons approaching we can sort Simon out later."

Tamsin hesitantly hung up on Simon not wanting to leave him but at the same time not wanting to catch the demons attention.

"Erm Jace what exactly are those?" Tammy asked getting closer to the blonde whilst gesturing to one of the distorted demons getting closer to them.

"Shax demons we need to get out of here," Jace said.

The group of shadowhunters all took off running with the demons all following after them.

"I think we should all split up , the institute is only a couple blocks away and it'll give us a fairer chance against the demons," Jace said and they all agreed to the plan except Isabelle who insisted on having Tamsin stay with her.

"Izzy I don't have any weapons to fight with," Tammy pointed out as the two girls stuck close to each others sides cautiously looking out for any demon that was to suddenly jump out at them.

Izzy removed her blades that she had strapped on the side of her leg ,"you use these and i'll use my whip."

"I think we've lost them all," Tamsin said as it didn't seem as though any demons were going to approach the pair.

"Yeah I think -" Izzy didn't get the chance to finish her sentence as a demon appeared out of thin air to attack them.

Tamsin jumped in front of Izzy swinging the blades around managing to slice a few cuts on the demon and distract it giving Izzy the opportunity to get ready with her whip.

"On 3," Izzy called over to Tamsin.

"3" Tamsin shouted back and Izzy whacked the demon with her whip getting its attention onto her and luckily the demon was only able to focus on one of them at a time so Tammy went round the back of the demon and stabbed it through the back of its chest plunging straight through to the otherside.

The demon burst into flames before completely disappearing.

Both of the girls were slightly out of breath but they smiled and high fived each other to celebrate their team work.

"Lets get back to the institute before anything else shows up," Isabelle said.

"Good idea."

When they got back to the institute they went straight to the main computer room where there was only Jace making a load of institute workers search for Clary.

"Nice to know you were so worried about everyone elses well being," Tamsin remarked.

"I was but your back now so I need to find Clary and make sure she's okay," Jace defended.

"What about Alec? He's still not back and he's your parabatai," Tamsin pointed out.

"Alec can handle himself."

Tamsin scoffed at his answer ,"okay then."

Jace didn't respond to her and went back to getting people to track Clary. Then speak of the devil Clary and Alec walked into the institute. Alec came over and stood in the middle of Isabelle and Tamsin.

Clary ran over to Jace and jumped into his arms. Tamsin tried to look away as she felt her heart sinking even further down and Alec put his hand on her back in what was supposed to be a comforting gesture as he could relate to how she was feeling. Her heart completely shattered when she looked back at Clary and Jace and saw them kissing. By this point Tamsin was sure that her heart had sunk even further down than the Lost City of Atlantis.

She couldn't bear to stay there anymore watching them eat each others faces and she stormed out of the room with her glassy eyes but mentally repeated over to herself to not cry over a guy and that she was stronger than this.
The two lightwood siblings sent Tammy a look of pity as they watched her exit and they both went to go after her.
"Izzy it's okay i'll go after her," Alec said chasing after the heartbroken girl.

*******
Authors note: okay that chapter was horrible i'm so sorry but expect big things in the next chapter :)
Feel free to vote and comment and check out my other stories xx