THIRTY-SIX; PROTECTION

GOAL: 15 COMMENTS THAT DON'T SAY "UPDATE"

THIRTY-SIX; PROTECTION (S3E11)

~

A crack echoed through out the hotel room, signaling Estella had awoken and was stretching her limbs. A groan emitted from her mouth; the hotel she stayed at hadn't been the most comfortable place she had been to. Estella winced as she cracked her neck to look at her phone. She noticed, per usual, she had many missed calls from Damon. She was not going to call back.

She also had a text message from Elena. Deciding to see what was up with the doppelgänger, she quickly got dressed and went to Alaric's apartment to see what Elena had called her for.

"Elena?" Estella called out. She spotted her friend punching a bag rather harshly. Estella raised an eyebrow towards Alaric.

"Hey, you're gonna put a hole in that thing!" Alaric exclaimed. "You want to talk about it?"

"Nothing to talk about," Elena grunted.

Estella rolled her eyes. Alaric offered a cup of coffee mixed with Bourbon, which she accepted graciously and sipped.

Alaric walked over to the bag, holding in place for Elena as she continued to veraciously punch. Estella sat on the chair, watching and critiquing her form and stance.

"So, what's got you all worked up?" Estella questioned the doppelgänger.

"I didn't really sleep last night," Elena stated, huffing as she punched.

"Yeah, me neither," Estella grumbled. "The hotel I stayed at wasn't the coziest."

"You're still mad at Damon and Stefan?" Elena asked her, glancing over at the blonde vampire.

"Yes, I am. You don't just use someone as bait and put them in danger and not tell them about it," Estella ranted. "I would've appreciated a, 'Hey Estella, Mikael is using you as bait. He won't kill you but you have to make it look real.'"

"To play the devil's advocate, maybe they didn't tell you to get a genuine reaction?" Elena suggested to her. "Maybe they wanted to make sure Klaus really believed you."

Estella ignored the girl. She was too mad at her siblings to hear any other advice. She turned her head to Alaric, noticing his slightly off-balanced posture.

"You look like you didn't get much sleep either," Estella remarked, sipping her coffee-alcohol mix.

"Yeah. Probably something to do with dying..." Alaric trailed off, glancing down at his ring.

"Are you okay?" Elena inquired, concern in her voice. Estella looked at him expectantly, also feeling some sort of emotion for the man.

"Yeah I'm fine, I'm fine," Alaric lied through his teeth, yet Estella and Elena believed him. "I think the ring, however, is running low on batteries."

"Yeah, that's another reason why Jeremy has to get out of town," Elena declared. "If those rings have a shelf life, he is not protected, neither are you."

"You're not serious about sending Jeremy away?" Estella asked her friend with a frown. When Elena replied, Estella grew angry. "You can't just take away his right to choose, Elena! Not to mention how angry everyone will be when you decide to take away his free will."