TWENTY-FIVE; BETTER LEFT UNSAID

GOAL: 15 COMMENTS

TWENTY-FIVE; BETTER LEFT UNSAID (S3E1)

~

Crickets were chirping loudly as Estella and Klaus marched up to the house. A girl with fiery red hair kept calling for her dog, Rudy, unbeknownst that it was likely dead.

Estella and Klaus snuck up behind the girl, fake smiles plastered on their faces. The girl gasped when she suddenly saw the two, not expecting two people to be behind her.

"I am so sorry. I didn't mean to scare you," Estella apologized with a sugary sweet voice.

Klaus wrapped an arm around the blonde's waist, making Estella bite her tongue.

"Can I help you?" The woman asked rudely.

"Yeah, our, uh, our car ran out of gas a couple miles back. We feel like we've been walking forever. Yours is the first house we'd come to, so I was just hoping we could use your phone," Klaus stated, using an American accent to mask his real voice.

"Don't you have a cell phone?" Estella chuckled and grabbed her phone from her pocket.

"Huh, yeah. Battery died," Estella stated and waved her phone in the air.

"Look, I promise I'm not a serial killer. I just want to use your phone," Klaus said.

The girl sighed. "Sure," she said.

"So we can come in?" Klaus asked her, stepping forward slightly.

"No. I'll get the phone and I'll bring it out to you," the girl remarked.

Klaus' nice demeanor dropped as his face grew dark. "I thought you country folk were supposed to be more trusting," Klaus said in his normal voice.

"I'm from Florida," the girl stated snippily.

"That explains it," Estella muttered under her breath.

Klaus pulled his arm away from Estella and moved to the other woman. His hand went to grab her throat, squeezing it and lifting her up so Klaus could look into her eyes.

"Now show me a little southern hospitality...sweet pea," Klaus said lowly, compelling the girl to let him and Estella inside.

She allowed them inside, making Klaus smirk in victory. He beckoned for Estella to follow them; she begrudgingly complied and walked inside the warm house.

"I bet you a hundred dollars that dog ran off to a house with air conditioning," a woman remarked from her stove. She turned around to be faced with not only her friend, but with Klaus and Estella as well. The girl froze as she looked at them, knowing that they were vampires immediately.

"What's going on?" She questioned.

"Please don't be alarmed. I'm told Ray Sutton lives here," Klaus stated.

"He's almost never here. He's on the road mostly," the girl replied in a slight southern accent.

"But I expect he makes it home...once a month," Klaus said, pushing the girl forward and stalking closer to the woman at the kitchen table. Estella reluctantly moved with him, knowing Klaus would make her do so anyway.