~13~

Maelie Rogers•

I woke up to see Derek and Will getting ready to leave. "Will needs go sleep so we're gonna go to a hiding spot that my family usually uses. We're not going to school this week Mae, so we have to leave before everyone comes," Derek explained to which I just simply nodded to. I got up and stood next to Derek as we were getting ready to leave. We walked through the hallways until we made it to the back of the school and we ran. Derek said there's a hiding spot somewhere... hopefully the Calaveras won't find us and if they do... We're screwed. We have to be invisible basically because if they're looking for me, then everyone would be screwed. We immediately blended with the trees and followed Derek as we made our way to the hiding spot.

Apparently, Derek and his family would go there of they got injured. So when they got hurt, they'd hide, then heal. That was it. It's honestly really smart if you think about it. We were walking through the woods and I perked up my ears because I thought I heard something... "Derek..." I said cautiously. He slowly turned around and looked around. I think he heard it too same with Will because he turned around as well. Then, I knew something was wrong when Derek said one word.

"Run." That's when I took off. Dodging trees and trying not to fall. I kept following Derek. No arrows were being shot or anything... so maybe it was an animal or something? But we can't take that risk. Derek soon jumped into this hole... I followed behind as did Will. "C'mon get in the corner. I don't think they saw us," Derek said. Which I think they did because we made it pretty freaking obvious. I walked over to a corner and just sat. This whole situation is messed up. It really is. They want to kill me because I'm "dangerous". Because they think I'm gonna kill someone. If they give me time to get it under control I won't kill anyone. I wouldn't hurt anyone. I would never... but... am I really capable of doing that?

Maybe the Calaveras know something we don't. Maybe I am dangerous. Maybe I am a threat to my friends and family and Derek.

Maybe.

••
a/n
hi!!! another chapterrrrrrr! the book is almost over ahhhhhhhhhh thats terrifying.
-kel