~2~

•Maelie Rogers•

I was woken up from my peaceful nap by my older brother Will. Ugh. Thanks a lot Will. "Your phone buzzed over a hundred times," he said obviously annoyed. I rolled my eyes at him and checked my screen. 15 missed calls from Derek. I rolled my eyes at him. Okay yeah I still love him and all but I've only been gone for not even a day. I got out of the car then I dialed his number and began to call him. "Derek? What do you want? I've only been gone for a few hours," I said annoyed.

"Sorry. It's just I miss you," he said.

"Derek. I don't know if you remember or not but we're over. I don't want a long distance relationship," I admitted and hung up the phone. I turned around and saw Will watching me intently. I raised my eyebrows at him and he did the same. "Okay what?" I snapped.

"Hey hey hey relax Maelie. He's nice. Keep him close while you can. As of right now, you're pushing him away. He loves you Mae," Will said.

"I know," I said with a sigh and got my bags out and dragged them into my aunts house. I set them down and looked around in awe. We are literally in the middle of nowhere and in a gorgeous log cabin. It felt outdoorsy. This is definitely going to take some time getting used to. I breathed in and out then I heard a familiar voice.

"Maelie! William!! Hello!!" A very perky voice said.

"Hi Aunt Noelle," I greeted.

"Hey!" Will greeted.

"Now I do know your guy's situation. Now Maelie. I know that this is just your introduction to the supernatural but..." she said and flashed icy blue eyes at me.

"Woah. Aunt Noelle you're a werewolf?" I asked in astonishment. She nodded. Holy shit. How much do I not know? "Wait a second... Aunt Noelle... you're my father's sister... he was a hunter so how are you a werewolf?" I asked.

"Well... I got caught in the wrong fight. I got bit by an alpha and I turned. I didn't really have a chance to follow the code. For hunters, if you get turned, you take your own life. I didn't want to die. When I told your father, he wouldn't look at me. So I packed up my things and came out here and built myself a log cabin. So I heard you got bit?" She asked. I nodded.

"Yeah. I was just caught in the wrong place at the wrong time," I said with a sigh.

"So how are you guys with everything? Like your mom?" She asked and I gulped. I know she only means good and doesn't mean bad but... It's too soon to talk about it. I looked at Will for him to answer but he couldn't look at me. He closed his eyes and kept his breathing rate normal. "Oh I'm sorry guys. I didn't know if you were ready to talk or wanted to... I'm sorry," she said apologetically.

"It's okay," I said.

"Let me show you your rooms," she said changing the topic completely. I looked at Will and picked up my bag and followed my aunt. "Okay, the bedroom on the right is Mae's and the bedroom on the left is and Will your bedroom is on the right. Just go get comfortable," she said with an uncomfortable smile. I think she thinks she already made a mistake... but in reality... she didn't. She's trying and that's all that matters. So here's my new home I guess...

••
a/n
hi!! another updateeeeeeee!! yayyyy! i hope you guys are enjoying this book. Now yes it will be boring in the beginning. but dont worry!!! i have plans!!! derek will be in it soon!!! i promiseeee ty lovely people of wattpad.
-kel