~11~

•Derek Hale•

I went to my house to change my clothes then I went to get some food so Mae and I can eat and just enjoy each other's company. That didn't necessarily work out. By the time I got to the corner of her house I caught a scent and a voice. It sounded familiar. The Calaveras. Mae most likely figured out because I'm not hearing her heartbeat. Just the heartbeats of the Calaveras. I turned around and began to run. Running with Chinese food isn't that easy. I was about a mile away by now and I found myself near the high school. Maybe she went in here?

I walked through the front door in attempt to find her. "Maelie?" I whispered. I heard a heartbeat. That's definitely Mae's. I kept walking. I kept following the sound of her heart beating. I found her in a classroom on the second floor. I smiled. She turned. She looked... different. Her eyes weren't the usual gold eyes. They were green. What the hell? "Mae?" I asked.

"Hello Derek," she said with a smirk.

"Maelie... you're not... you," I said putting down the food and taking a step back.

"Yes. Yes I am," she purred. She actually purred. She smiled revealing her fangs. She turned to the side and a tail was seen. Her skin then turned to a sandy texture with brown spots all over. "How about we have that "date.'" She said using her claws to form quotes. I popped out my claws and flashed my eyes. She blinked as if she was in surprise and her body transformed back into it's normal state. "Der? Why are your claws out?" She had no idea what happened.

"Maelie. You're changing... This... isn't good. That's why they're after you. Mae, you're dangerous," I told her. She shook her head.

"Let's talk about this later please," she said and sat at a desk. I brought over the food and took a seat beside her. We can't talk about this later. It has to be now. What if we don't get another chance? We won't. She's dangerous, yet she doesn't know it. If a were-cheetah feels threatened, it will become the deadliest creature you will ever come across. It will attack. And it won't stop until the enemy is dead. Since Mae can't control it, anyone will be her enemy. Even me. Especially me. I handed her the container and she began eating. She was thinking. Something was going through her head. She knew I was right. But, she just can't seem to accept it. But I did. I have to accept it. Just like I have to help her.

I have to.

••
a/n
hi!! yeah another update!! yay? but hopefully this story will get interesting bc IM TURNING IT AROUND AND IM GONNA MAKE IT GOOD!! lol ty!
-kel