~8~

•Maelie Rogers•

"Derek you're scaring me," I said standing up.

"The day you left, I went back to my house. There was a... a warning. From a hunting family," Derek said looking directly into my eyes. "The Calaveras." I shook my head. "Mae, the warning, was a threat. A threat to kill us," Derek said and I just kept shaking my head, trying to comprehend everything he's saying.

"So I was safer in Colorado?" I asked.

"Well, no... they would've found you anyways after they found me. But Mae, we have to stop them," he said taking a step closer to me and I nodded. "They know we're in Beacon Hills but they don't know where we live. So we're safe... for now," Derek said hesitantly.

"So why are they coming after us?" I asked curiously. Derek looked at me then back at the ground. He's hiding something from me. I know it. "What are you hiding from me?" I asked.

"N-nothing," he stuttered.

"Der, you lied. What the hell are you hiding from me?" I inquired.

"The threat! Okay? The threat was specifically directed to you! Mae, you're not just an ordinary werewolf!" He said getting frustrated. I looked at him in shock.... how am I not an ordinary werewolf?

"Der... what the hell do you mean?" I asked and he breathed heavily.

"Maelie... you're a were-cheetah," Derek said and I got dizzy. All I remember is that everything went black.

••
a/n
hi! so yeah kinda a short chapter... sorry... i just idk this story isn't going to be very long... im probably gonna end it soon... maybe in like 10 chapters...
-kel