Chapter 11

Melaine Pov

Hook and I were down the beanstalk where Cora was. "My dear captain and Melaine it seems you two have been on an adventure. The compass please"Cora said. I sighed "look we don't have the compass Emma and the other dummies took it"I said "yeah the details of the affair are a bit of a bore"said Hook. "Really?,stealing my protection spell and climbing the beanstalk without me might seem like a bore to you,but to me it's a betrayal"Cora said. I gulped honestly I really wanted to go to Storybrooke and Cora was the really the only option. "I was gonna bring it to you. Our agreement remains we are going to Storybrooke together I'll get it back"Hook said "I don't have time for your games I've crossed through too many worlds to be brought short at the brink of success"Cora said "now to make it fair one of you wasin't quite right about the idea of betraying me who was it?"she asked looking at me I mean she is right I didin't want to betray my ticket to Storybrooke. "Me"I said Cora nodded and contiued on with her speech for Hook. "The consequences of that decision"Cora said "oh,are you going to kill me now? Go ahead try"Hook said "so brave. No I'm not going to kill you I have something far more satisfying in mind I'm going to leave you here and take Melaine with me. With your thirst for revenge unquenched while Melaine and I complete our journey without you. Also Melaine is quite more useful than you are."Cora said a sigh of relief flooded through me knowing that Cora is going to keep me on her quest. "There's no need to be rash. We can discuss this"Hook said "your pretty face buys you a lot,but not my time its too valuable"Cora said "I can do this. I can get it back you need me"Hook said "no I don't,you've had your chance now it's my turn to do this the right way"Cora said then she poofed me and her back to the village of all the dead people that she killed. We where in some sort of vault it had all the people's hearts in it all each in a wooded box. Cora picked up a box and pulled out a heart and blew on it causing other hearts to glow and beat "would you like to do the honors of waking up the dead?"Cora asked "sure"I replied and she handed me the heart. I walked out to where I was standing outside the door "rise"I said to the heart and caused the dead people to all rise. "Now theese people will attack Snow,Emma and all the other people that are with them and they might get the compass for us"Cora said "sounds like and excilent plan"I said. Cora smiled and went to go lie down to get some rest I did the same and poofed myself some blankets and pillows and slept outside looking up at the night sky.

When I woke up it was probaly late morning. So I used my magic to make me some breakfast and just sat around. Until Cora told me that they have captued someone named Aurora. Then she said that we are back to alliance with Hook because he took her heart. Then we went to Rumpelstilskin's jail cell where we were greeted with everyone stuck in his jail cell. "Aurora what are you doing"I heard someone say "helping me"Cora said. Then I used my magic to poof the compass into my hands. "No,no"Emma said "don't waste your energy dear Rumpelstiltskin himself couldn't escape from this cell."Cora said "thank you,Aurora we couldn't have done it without you"I said. "Why would you do this. How could you?"Emma said. "Don't blame her she was only doing what she was told"Cora said holding up Aurora's heart. "You took her heart?"Emma asked "actually,I did it was a gift"Hook said. Cora started to squeese her heart causing Aurora to cry. "Forgive us we'd love to stay but Storybrooke awaits"I said "Hook,wait please don't do this my son is in Storybrooke he needs me"Emma said "perhaps you should've considered that before you left Melaine and I on that beanstalk"Hook said "you're only desprate because you're losing"I said with a smile "you would've done the same"Emma said "actually,no. Do you know what this is"Hook said holding up a dead bean "the bean the gint kept"Emma said trying to grab it "unh,unh,unh.Yes indeed a pirate always keeps a souvenir of his conquest. This is a symbole of something that was once magical of hope something that was once a possibility mm. Now look at it dried up,dead useless much like you the time for making deals is done just as I'm done with you"Hook said and we walked off.

We waled out back into the forest "Where are we going?"Hook asked "Lake Nostos"Cora replied "the legend says it's waters hold the power to restore what was once lost"I said "it'll return magic to what remains of this wardrobe and then we'll be able to cross worlds"Cora said "I may be a simple pirate but I know one thing lakes have water"Hook said. Cora then used her magic to make a water spout shoot out from the earth. "After everything we've been through why do you still doubt me?"Cora asked "and now the ashes would you care do the honor"she said handing me ashes and I poured them into the water and a portal started to form "here we go we'll be in Storybrooke soon enough I really look forward to seeing my daughter"Cora said. I smiled at the thought I could finally see my mother "I told you I could deliver you to Rumpelstiltskin. Now don't let go unless you want to end up some placethat isin't Storybrooke"Cora said as we joined hands when an arrow shot right at the compass making it fall to the ground "you're not going anywhere this portal is taking us home"Snow yelled "the compass get it"she said. Then everyone started fighting. I threw fireballs and lighting strikes at them I hit Snow probaly gave her a burn mark. When I saw Cora tried to rip out Emma's heart but Emma repeled and Snow and Emma jumped through the portal "Nooooo!"I screamed and tried to stop them but it was too late.

"We failed"Cora said "really Cora after all this time why do you still doubt me?"Hook asked holding up a dried up bean "that bean's petrified it's useless"Cora said "but theese water's have regenerative properties perhaps it's time to do some gardening"Hook said. I took the bean and dipped it in the water and it started regnerating. Then we walked back to Hook's ship and threw the bean in the water and went through the portal. "There it is"Hook said "Storybrooke"Cora said.