Chapter 4

TWO YEARS LATER

Melaine Pov

"Wake up Melaine"I heard someone say from my deep slumber. I opened my eyes to see Belle "Rumpel wants you to get ready he wants you to go to town to get something for him" Belle said. "Ok" I replied,when Belle walked out of the room I poofed myself into some clothes. Tan pants,dark brown leathery shirt,and some black knee highed boots with my long brown hair in a pony tail. Then I poofed myself into the room where Rumpel was at. "There you are dearie. I need you to go into town and get me some food and more clothing and some ingrediants for spells" he said as he handed me a piece of paper with the items I need to get. "Ok, when would you like me to be back?" I asked "In about two hours or less" Rumpel said. "Ok then I will see you later" I said as I walked out of the castle. When I got to the town there where a lot of people there. I sighed and looked at the list four white blouses and spell ingrediants. I found a stand that was selling clothing, when I walked up to the stand it was a young woman "umm,can I have four white blouses medium sized please" I asked "sure that would be four gold please" said the woman I looked in my sachel and realized that I had no gold. So I had to use magic to make some gold appear without her looking. "Here you go and thank you for the blouses" I said as I handed her the gold and she handed me the blouses. I put the blouses in my other bag then I checked to see what else was on the list bread,peppers,and lettus I always wonder why can't Rumpel just use magic to make his food. I found a stand that had food. This time it was an older woman "can I have a loaf of bread,peppers,and some lettus"I asked "sure that would be seven gold please"she said. I used magic again to make gold appear without her knowing. "Here you go and thank you for the food" I said as I handed her the gold "you're welcome" she said as she handed me the food. I put the food in my bag and looked to see what else to get. Spell ingrediants there are hardly any people who even sell magical items. It took me some time to find a stand but I finally found one this time it was a man at the stand he looked grumpy. "Uhh can I get these items?" I asked pointing to them "theese?" he asked "yes those" I said "that would be twenty pieces of gold"he said. I sighed and used magic where I thought he couldn't see. "Hey,you can't use magic!" he yelled "but....I didn't use magic"I claimed.

Regina Pov

I was walking through the town looking at what my peasents are buying when I heard "You can't use magic!" I heard a man yell. I turned around to see a little girl getting yelled at. "What's going on over here?" I asked "this little brat used magic to make her gold" the man said "well she can use magic if she wants and if you aren't going to give her those ingrediants I will rip out your heart and crush it" I said harshly. "Yes my queen" he said as he gave the girl the ingredients. "Thank you" the girl said to me I smiled. That's when I saw her necklace it looked exacaly like the one I gave my daughter Melaine seven years ago. "What's your name?" I asked her "It's Melaine" she said. I think I just found my daughter. "What's your name?" she asked "it's Regina" I said "well it's nice to meet you" she said while shaking my hand "I have to go or my master will be mad I'm late,bye"she said and she disapeared in a cloud of dark blue smoke.

Melaine Pov

I appeared in the main room in Rumpel's castle "did you get all the items I asked you to get"Rumpel asked "yes, here you go"I said as I handed him the bag with all the items in it. He looked through the bag "yes the items will do perfect thank you Melaine"Rumpel said. I smiled I thought back to when Regina or known as the queen defended me. It also felt weird like I kind of knew her some how. So I decided to ask Rumpel a question I've been wanting to ask for a while now "Rumpel,do you know who my mother is?"I asked. "I do know who she is but I'm afraid I can not tell you"he said. I nodded and walked back to my room and waited. I waited until it was around 1:30 am in the morning. I slipped out of my room and walked down the hallway to a room where we do our lessons. I opened the door and closed it gently. I know there is a dream catcher in here somewhere. I found one that was hanging by the window it was empty it had no memories of anything but I can cast a spell to see who my mother is and why she gave me up. I sat down on a stool and casted the spell. It showed me my mother she was Regina but she looked younger and I saw her with another man it said his name was Daniel and both of them looked like they where going to run-a-way together. "You ready?" Daniel asked Regina as they kissed "lets go"Regina said as they walked out of the stables "you could have at least left a note"a woman said and they both gasped. Im guessing she's Cora Rumpel has told me about her a few times. Cora used her magic to push them back inside the stables and locked the doors. "Mother I..."Regina stutterd "don't"said Cora harshly "you sneek out of my house and think I won't notice, how dare you"Cora said. Regina and Daniel both stood up "you're impossible to talk to. Stop with the magic and listen to me, I want to be with Daniel" Regina said "no you don't know what you want,but I do. I didn't make the sacrifices in life to get you the cusp of greatness and so you could end up in life with a stable boy."Cora said "it's my life" Regina cried. Cora started to laugh "you foolish girl,it's mine after what I had to do the deals I had to make to get us out of poverty to get us this life and you just want to toss it away"Cora said. "Stay strong"Daniel whispered in Regina's ear. "Your magic can't keep us apart I love him"Regina said "and I love her"Daniel said "and I love her to"Cora said. "Then if you love me you wouldn't try to keep us apart"Regina said "and if you loved me you wouldn't try to run-a-way"Cora said "I'm sorry but this my happiness,where going"Regina said "no you're not"Cora said "so what's your plan you're going to keep us in here forever. Because that's what you'll have to do"Regina said "so this is your desion, this will make you happy?"Cora asked. "It already has"Regina said "then who am I to stop you"Cora said. Regina walked up to Cora and hugged her "thank you mother"Regina whispered "Daniel"Cora said as she walked over to him "if you want to have a life together a family there is one important lesson to impord in you it's what it means to be a parent you always have to do what's best for your children"Cora said "thank you, I understand because it's what you're doing now"Daniel said "yes it is"Cora said and ripped out his heart. "Mother!"Regina cried "Nooo!"Regina cried again and ran over to him "no,no,no,no,no"she kept saying and Cora crushed his heart. I gasped and started to cry. Next the dream catcher showed Regina giving birth to me and Cora figuring out that I was Daniel's child and not Leopold's.Regina gave me a silver locket with the ketter M engraved on it for Melaine. I looked down at my locket knowing Regina had gave it to me. Then it showed Cora give me to Rumpelstiltskin. I put the dream catcher down and poofed myself back to my bedroom and cried myself to sleep.