chapter 18

"Goldilocks, I know your brother is sad, but I was hoping I could do something for you." Urchin said as they walked out onto the beach.

Darla sighed. "If you want to..."

"Please, have a seat..." Urchin told her.

Darla sat down on her knees as he sat down and brought out the shell necklace he made for her.

"This is for you..."

"Oh, Urchin, it's beautiful." Darla smiled.

"I thought you would like it..." Urchin smiled back.

Darla took it and wore it right away. Urchin then took out the guitar with a smooth smile.

"What's the guitar for?" Darla asked.

"What do you think?" Urchin asked back as he put the guitar in place with his hands in position.

Darla blushed. "You have a song for me?"

"Yes, I think you'll like this as much as I do..." Urchin said softly. "This song is dedicated to you from me from that King of Rock and Roll Lilo had told us about." he then began to strum the strings to make a rock and roll beat and started to sing Elvis's 'Burning Love' to proclaim his true feelings for the blonde girl he had occasionally teased, but deep down, harbored affections for her.

And where each word would touch Darla's heart. It was truly a lovely moment between the two.

"Just a hunk a hunk of burnin'....." Urchin finished the song. "Looooove!"

Darla smiled and clapped at the song.

"So, did you like--" Urchin was about to ask until Darla suddenly kissed him which made his whole face turn bright red with his eyes widening. "It...?"

"I loved it." Darla smiled.

"Wow, I guess the power of music is more powerful than I thought." Urchin smiled.

"You live in Atlantica..." Darla reminded him. "Merpeople just love music..."

"Athena sure did..." Urchin said.

Darla looked. "Did you ever know her?"

"Only heard of her..." Urchin shrugged. "I saw her here and there, but I never got to actually meet her... I heard that she risked her life to save Atticus's though when humans were invading."

"She sure did." Darla told him.

"How'd you witness it?" Urchin asked.

"Time travel..." Darla said. "Somehow, Mom has that ability..." she said, calling Emily just 'mom' know due to knowing her a while and becoming more and more official to the Fudo family than the one she had before.

"You're lucky to have such kind people take you in..." Urchin said. "Before I met Ariel, it was just me and nobody else."

"Well, now you have a loving family." Darla smiled.

"I wouldn't mind a brother though..." Urchin said with a small shrug.

"At least Uncle Triton finally has a son..." Darla said then.

"Yeah, that's true..." Urchin said, feeling pleased to make that possible. "Um... Darla... Do you like me? If you don't, that's okay..."

"Yes, Urchin, I do like you." Darla smiled.

Urchin smiled bashfully.

Darla leaned over to him, crawling slightly. "How long have you felt this way?"

"Does it matter?" Urchin grinned nervously.

"Yes." Darla said.

"I heard you sing..." Urchin admitted.