chapter 3

Eventually, they landed and they were given a free penthouse suite at the Birds of Paradise Hotel.

"What a wonderful view!" Emily looked out the front deck window as she could see the beach from where she was.

"We have our own kitchen!" Patch beamed. "This place is like a home away from home!"

"Oh, yes, things are going my way..." Cherry smirked as it was her responsibility of them being here right now.

"Oh, I can't wait to go and see the hula class and join it." Darla smiled.

"Let's get you going then," Atticus said. "Come on, Patch!"

Patch came to their sides.

"I think I'm gonna hang out by the beach, you kids have fun." Emily said.

"Come on, Dimples." Cherry told the blonde girl.

"You got it." Darla smiled.

With that, the kids and puppy then left. Emily tried to call Patrick, but he didn't answer his cell, so she left a message that they were in Hawaii now and to call back as soon as possible, she then went to lounge on the beach. The oceans looked very much alive today and she put her feet into the water, feeling tempted to go for a dip and swim like the youthful mermaid she once was with her sister Athena.

Cherry found a tourist map and followed it to the local hula school with Atticus, Darla, and Patch, Darla being the most excited to go.

"Oh, I can't wait to get there." Darla smiled.

"I'm sure you'll enjoy it." Patch encouraged.

Soon enough, they made it to the building and knocked on the door.

There came a large man with his hair in a low braid and a blue skirt-like bottom with black sandals. "Aloha, may I help you?" he greeted.

"Excuse me, but my sister would like to join your hula class," Atticus said to the man who he highly assumed was Moses. "If it's not too much trouble."

"Of course, it's no trouble at all." Moses said.

"Really?" Darla asked in delight.

"Really, really," Moses smiled. "Perhaps she'd like to step inside and get to know the girls while your parents fill out her application?"

"Oh, my mother's on the beach," Atticus said. "And my father's out of town for business... I'll do it though."

"How maturely thoughtful, come inside, just make sure your dog doesn't make a mess, okay?" Moses replied.

"Yes, sir." Atticus and Darla replied.

Darla was very excited, she poked her head in to see girls around her age who seemed to be sitting in a circle together. One girl had curly and puffy carrot orange hair with big blue round glasses, a short-sleeved olive green shirt, blue shorts, and blue sandals. Another girl had blonde hair in pigtails in a pink tank top, blue shorts, and purple sandals.

Another girl had curly dark hair in a blue headband, a blue short-sleeved shirt, lighter blue shorts, and dark blue sandals. And the final girl had short brown hair in a green shirt, darker green shorts, and brown sandals. Patch encouraged Darla to go and be social with them as they so far seemed harmless enough.

"By any chance, do any of these girls give anyone any trouble?" Atticus asked him.

"Well... There is one.." Moses replied. "But she's not here yet... She's going to be late, I know she is... She always is... Especially on Thursday...."