chapter 1

Cherry was on her way to the Fudo house with something in her pockets.

Atticus came to get Patch, Darla, and himself a late breakfast. "I had this weird dream..."

"Me too." Patch said.

"Can't be stranger than mine." Atticus chuckled.

"Wanna bet?" Patch asked.

Darla came into the kitchen, rubbing her eyes with a small yawn.

"Morning, Sis, you won't believe the dream I had." Atticus said to his adopted sister.

"What happened?" Darla asked as she took a seat while he made breakfast for them.

"It was like something out of a sci-fi movie," Atticus said. "There was this court trial for this mad scientist alien that made something he called Experiment 626 and he was put under arrest for... Illegal... Something..."

"No way, that's the same thing that I saw in my dream." Patch said.

"Really?" Atticus asked.

"I dreamt about flying in the air..." Darla smiled as she waved her tiny hands like wings.

"What an amazing dream." Emily smiled.

Cherry knocked on the door.

"I'll get it, dear." Emily told Atticus since he was cooking breakfast.

"Sure, Mom." Atticus nodded as he then cooked while thinking about his and Patch's dream.

Emily opened the door. "Cherry, what a surprise."

"Excuse me for being early, Mrs. Fudo, but I was hoping to ask Atticus and Darla something, and maybe even Patch." Cherry replied.

"Well, we're about to have breakfast at the moment, but you can come in if you want." Emily said.

"I'll make this quick." Cherry promised as she stepped inside the house for a moment.

Emily let her in, then came back into the kitchen.

Atticus, Darla, and Patch greeted Cherry and she greeted back, then it was time for the topic of why she was there.

"You guys ever wanna go to Hawaii?" Cherry prompted.

"You know it." Atticus, Darla, and Patch smiled.

"Good..." Cherry smirked, then took out plane tickets.

"What!?" Atticus, Darla, and Patch asked.

"I was bored listening to the radio and there was a win free tickets to Hawaii contest for the thirteenth caller," Cherry said. "I figured 'what the heck?'."

"Do we need a shaporon?" Darla asked.

"Shaparon?" Cherry asked.

"Yeah, an adult to look after us while we're traveling." Darla said.

"Oh, a chaperon..." Cherry said then. "Yeah, we do."

"Mom, you wanna do it?" Atticus asked.

"Well, maybe..." Emily smiled halfway. "I could use a vacation... Plus, it's sometimes hard to keep the house still standing by myself while your father's out of town for important business... Well, okay!"

"Great." Atticus smiled.

"Sounds good, I know it's sudden, but I figured you guys could use a vacation." Cherry said.

"We really could." Atticus said.

"I've never been to Hawaii before..." Darla sounded excited. "Oh, I hope I can take a hula class."