chapter 15

Luckily, the firetruck arrived with the firefighters as the social worker was looking for Lilo to take her away as it was time and he was not at all pleased at what had become of the house.

"Um, guys, where's Lilo, Darla, and Stitch?" Atticus asked.

Patch decided to go after them. Nani came to try to explain everything to the social worker and he was even yelling at her due to the state of the house and that a child at Lilo's age witnessed and was apart of it, finding her to be a very unfit guardian. Once they both realized Lilo was not there, they called for her. Cherry, Atticus, and Drell decided to follow Patch and find the others.

Urchin was coming up, he had a guitar in his arms and had Darla's gift with him, but he looked around and looked down to see a burnt and tattered bow, knowing that it had to be Darla's. He picked it up and looked at the house and he had tears in his eyes, fearing the worst had happened. "No... Please..." he whispered in deep pain and sadness. He wasn't sure what else to do, he just sniffled and went back the other way into the ocean, crying, thinking that maybe Darla had been killed by the house fire. He then heard someone coming and where he hoped it was Darla.

It wasn't, it was what looked like a giant with a whale head.

Urchin looked in shock. "Who and what are you!?"

"I am Captain Gantu, Earth creature..." the mutant got into his face. "I am looking for Experiment 626, have you seen him?"

"Look, pal, I'm having kind of a bad day..." Urchin said as he wiped some tears he had. "J-Just leave me alone..." he then stormed off to get back home to the ocean as he still cried for Darla. "I didn't even get a chance to tell her..." he whispered painfully.

Darla felt something wrong in her heart, but she just kept going with Lilo to get away from the mayhem. Stitch came over.

Lilo was now very angry with her pet. "You ruined everything."

Urchin stopped as soon as he heard Lilo's voice. Patch jumped out a nearby bush after running for a while.

Stitch looked to Lilo and Darla, he then decided to show why those aliens were after him. He showed his back spikes, antennae, and extra arms.

"You're one of them?" Lilo glared, then shoved her pet again. "Get out of here, Stitch."

"Lilo, you need to understand, Stitch didn't mean to deceive you," Patch said. "Okay, at first, he did, but..."

Before anything else could be said, they were all instantly shot by a net gun.

"Surprise!" Gantu emerged from the bushes and laughed as he captured Stitch with a few others, then carried it in his large hand. "And here I thought you'd be difficult to catch... Oh, silly me..."

Nani began to look for her sister while Atticus, Cherry, and Drell were looking for Patch and Darla.

"Urchin, have you seen Darla?" Atticus asked.

"You mean she's alive?" Urchin asked, hopeful.

"Yeah, but she's seems to have disappeared, along with Patch." Atticus said.

"Come on, we gotta move!" Urchin said, zipping by to save Darla, more worried about her than Lilo, Stitch, or Patch.

"Lilo?" Nani called. "Lilo!"

Gantu came stomping by which made Nani fall to the ground and scream in horror.

That sounded like Nani." Cherry said.

"Nani...?" Drell asked.

"Lilo's older sister," Atticus said. "We must be close."

They all saw Gantu making his way a spacecraft.