chapter 6

There was a human boy with longish blonde hair with copper brown eyes in a green shirt, white shorts, and black sandals. "Hey, Curly Q."

Darla glanced up at this boy, then did a double take seeing how much he looked like a special somebody she knew. "Uh, I'm too busy to talk right now... Enjoy your tour with the family."

"Aw, but don't ya miss me, Goldilocks?" the boy came behind her with a smirk and wrapped his arms around her shoulders.

"Wait... Urchin?" Darla asked.

Urchin grinned with a cocky look in his eyes.

"Oh, that's you all right." Darla smirked, putting her hands on her hips. "What're you doing on dry land?"

"Emily told me you guys were visiting Hawaii," Urchin folded his arms with a smirk back to her. "Thought I'd stop by and check on ya."

"Are you sure that it's not because you missed me too?" Darla smirked.

Urchin's eyes widened. "What? Huh? Who?"

Darla put her hand to her mouth with a small laugh.

"Ah, don't flatter yourself..." Urchin scoffed. "So, where're we goin'?"

"Patch is missing..." Darla said. "Atticus is worried..."

"I'm sure he's alright." Urchin said.

"Oh, there's a special bond between a boy and his dog..." Darla said.

"I guess..." Urchin shrugged. "I'll help though if you want me to."

Darla smiled at that.

"Dimples!" Cherry called, then came over behind the blonde girl. "Oh, there you are."

"Hey, Cherry, look who came to dry land?" Darla smiled.

Cherry looked. "Uhh..."

"Urchin." the blonde boy said his name, narrowing his eyes at her.

"Oh, yeah..." Cherry folded her arms. "Dimple's boyfriend."

"We're just friends, Cherry..." Darla said through her teeth.

"If you say so..." Cherry rolled her eyes with a smirk.

"Uh, girls, I think I found Patch!" Atticus called out.

Cherry and Darla looked over.

"That was fast..." Urchin said, then shrugged. "Then again, Ariel said he's a detective."

They then rushed over to Atticus to find out what he was going on about. And where they saw that he saw Patch inside pet shelter.

"Why haven't they put him in a cage yet?" Urchin asked.

"Beats me." Darla shrugged.

"Patch!" Atticus whispered loudly. "Paaaatch!"

Patch was picked up by a lady at the front desk and brought to the back.

"Hey, that's my puppy!" Atticus pouted, then rushed into the animal shelter.

"Don't worry, little guy..." the woman told Patch as she carefully carried him in her arms. "I'm sure you'll be adopted in no time, little boys and girls just eat of your hands... Or in your case, paws..."

Patch nodded before looking for his alien friend.

"Let's put you in here with some new friends, huh?" the lady smiled, placing Patch into one of the placements. She then pet him on the head gently, then walked off.