07. Studio

~~ Nicole Love Westbrooks ~~

I get to the studio and make my way in. I greet the lady sat at reception.

"Nice to see you again Nicole" I give her a smile before continuing my walk to my studio.

"Hi Dot" I say walking into the studio.

I got DDG (dot da genius) to fly out here a few days ago. Ever since then I've been at the studio.

"How's the track coming along?"

"It's real good. Do you wanna hear it?"

"I'm actually waiting for someone to hear it."

"Alright cool." He says.

"Miguel sent over Hoes and that's finish. Kanye said that Sailing not Selling will be done within a month" he says to me.

"What about Kendrick? What did he say?" I met Kendrick during spring break. He told me he liked my music but was frustrated with how silent I'd been for the past 3 years.

"He'd love to get on a track with you and said to come up to Los Angeles whenever you have an idea"

"For real? I thought he was just being nice when he offered but he's for real serious?"

"He's serious"

"Dot someone called Jhene is here to see Nicole?" Rianna, the receptionist, says speaking through the intercom.

"Send her in" I say back to her. A few moments later, Rianna opens the door, revealing Jhene. I give her a hug. I look at her and then back at Dot who can't seem to stop looking at each other.

"Dot this is my cousin Jhene. Jhene this is my producer Dot" He reaches out and she shakes his hand.

"Play the track" Dot swivels in his seat and hits play.

"Waves of sadness crashing against the shores of unsureness.  So hard for me to understand when doctors they cannot cure this.  I wish I could take away your pain.  I wish I could trade places.  Man I just want you to be okay. Man I just wish I could erase this.  I know that life has a funny way.  So I'm not complaining.  And while I still got you here, still got you here.  I hope that you can hear this"  I hear myself on the track and watch Jhene's facial expression. I point at the pause button and she shakes her head. This is the song she wrote to her brother.

I stand up, walk over to her and give her a hug. She cries onto my stomach as I hold her. When the track is over, she wipes her face.

"Thank you so much" she says to me.

"No problem. It's yours" Dot hands me a copy of the track on a CD and I hand it to her.

"Thank you"

"Don't sweat it" I say again. I look between them.

"I need to pee" I say before promptly standing up. I grab my phone and head out the door. As I'm walking down the corridor I hear my name.

"Nicole" I turn around and see Daniel.

"Hey. What are you doing here?" I stop and he walks towards me.

"Song writing."

"You have a studio in your house"

"I know but you know how everybody be walking in interrupting and I like the song I'm writing. I don't wanna fuck it up. But what are you doing here?"

"I literally just finished a track. Tryna finish my mixtape but something is missing you know" he nods his head.

"I'm sorry for getting so mad at the party"

"Don't worry about it. I'd be pissed too if I saw my ex with another girl" I say laughing, lightening the mood.

"Where you headed?" I ask.

"I'm hungry. I can't even lie"

"I'm hungry. Wanna get some food?"

"Pizza it is" I walk back to the studio and open the door to see Jhene sitting right in front of Dot. They're so into each other they don't even notice me come in.

"Um Jhene, Dot I'm finna go get some food so I'll see you guys in a bit."

"Okay" Dot says. I shut the door again before meeting Diggy at the front. I reach out for his keys and he hands them to me.

~~ Daniel Dwayne Simmons ~~

I watch as she dances to formation by Beyoncé in the drivers seat.

"If you crash my car Nicole"

"I won't Daniel" she says back to me. She pulls up in front of Pizza Hut. We both get out the car and make our way to the door.

"Nicole here" I say passing her my Nike hoodie. She pulls it on and pulls the hoodie up. I know she hates being noticed.

We make our way in and sit at a table far away from everyone. I stand up already knowing what she wants, and place an order at the counter.

I sit back down and look at her, buried into her phone. My hoodie is massive on her.

"It's rude to stare" she says looking up at me.

"It's rude to be on your phone at the table" I say back. She puts her phone down and looks at me.

"What's bothering you?" I ask.

"How do you know there's something bothering me?" The waiter comes over with the pizza, drinks and fries causing Nee to look down. I wait for the waiter to leave.

"Out with it Nee" she sighs but begins speaking.

"Okay let's say you find out something that could change lives but your told not to say anything."

"How big is it?"

"Huge. It could make or break a whole family"

"Is Nailyn pregnant?" She kisses her teeth before throwing a fry at me.

"No it's more serious than that"

"What is it?"

"I really can't say but I need to tell someone"

"You can tell me"

"Nah nope"

"Come on you can't just say something like that and then not tell me"

"I wasn't going to tell you, you asked"

"Fair deuces" we continue eating in a comfortable silence. Her phone begins ringing and she doesn't hesitate to answer it.

"You're going home already?... Okay I'll see you soon... I think I'll be over on Thursday... Definitely.... Yea you gon have to tell me bout that thou... Bye" she puts the phone down and takes a sip of her Coke.

"Was that Justin?" I ask trying not to sound petty or salty.

"Nah it was my friend. We should get going" she stands up, leaving a bill on the table. We make our way back to the car.

We get back to studio and she gets out.

"See you around Daniel"

----

3 votes for next update