12 | Bathroom Encounter

Start from the beginning

Chances were that I wouldn't even encounter Jace unless I'll willingly step into his office, so then, why am I feeling like I'm making my way into my impending doom?

I opened the bathroom door, then let out a sigh of relief when there were no other people inside. After I relieved myself, I went to the sink and washed my hands for a bit. They're getting all clammy and rubbing them on my jeans was pointless.

"Oh yeah, I have to do grocery-shopping today... God knows those triplets won't buy decent food in forever." I muttered to myself, facing the mirror.

"Won't you need a ride for that, then?" A very familiar voice sounded from behind me.

My eyes widened when I looked straight into the eyes of Jace himself through the mirror. My heart almost ripped itself out of my ribcage. I felt terrified, yet giddy at the same time. To what reason, I do not know. All I know was that I'm not ready to face him. Hell, I'm not ready to be near his presence alone.

I saw him move from behind to stand beside me, casually turning the faucet on and washed his hands. I gulped.

What will he do to me?

Was he mad? Furious, even?

I discretely observed him through the mirror. He looked unsurprisingly sharp as ever in that expensive suit of his. Any type of suit would look better on him than those models I saw on fashion magazines.

He didn't look worried. He actually acted like there's nothing wrong about what I did, running away from him, for example. Besides, he didn't look for me, did he? No, it's actually been about three or four days since I ran away from him, and I didn't hear or see someone he hired to search for me. He hadn't even tried to leave me a message or a single phone call. Then, I grimaced at my thoughts.

Why the hell would I even care if he searched for me or not? I mean, him not doing anything to find me was actually I wanted... right? I hate my brain sometimes. It always has to betray me at some point.

"You seem troubled. What's on your mind?" Jace suddenly asked, snapping me back to the current situation I was in.

I glared at the mirror. "None of your business."

Jace clicked his tongue. "Not even a comment allez-vous?"

I faced him angrily, but quickly regretted it when I saw him smirk in amusement. Oh, now he finds me amusing? What an asshole.

"Whatever you said, shut up."

Jace suddenly frowned and kept quiet. I ignored him and was about to walk towards the bathroom door when he grabbed my arm and forced me to face him.

"What the hell?!" I yelled at him.

"Why are you here?"

I glared. "It's none of your fucking business. Let me go!"

However, instead of listening to me, he gripped my arm tighter. I swear that's gonna leave a red mark.

"Why. Are. You. Here." Jace said lowly. And dangerously so that I almost want to scamper away and never look back.

I gulped, mentally scolding myself for being slightly afraid of what Jace was gonna do if I ever said the wrong word.

"I-I came here with Ryan... for his interview." I stammered lamely.

His eyes got even darker for a second, before getting back to normal and slowly let my arm go. I stumbled backwards and rubbed my now hurting arm.

Jace was about to say something when his phone rang. He didn't hesitate to take it out from his pocket and pressed the Answer button.

"Yes... I'll be there." Then he hung up.

Despite my discomfort of being around Jace, my curiosity got the better on me. "Who was that?"

Jace sighed. "My secretary. It's time for the interview. And don't even try to follow me."

I rolled my eyes. "Oh, trust me. I wouldn't follow you even if it's the last thing I will do."

Instead of snapping at me, he only sighed tiredly then opened the door. I reluctantly followed him. Once we were outside the bathroom, I realized something.

"Hey, why are you even here in the first floor bathroom just to wash your hands? You probably have lots of bathrooms in this huge building."

He glanced at me lazily. "None of your business, mon beau."

I gritted my teeth and tried to restrain myself from killing him in public. Not to mention, in his workplace, where people could accuse me of murder. So I just took a deep breath before letting it all out in one huff.

"Oh, before I forget..." Jace trailed off, walking back towards me with an evil glint in his eyes.

I cautiously took a few steps back but I was too late. He literally grabbed my waist and did something that almost made me want to punch him in the face.

He kissed me. On the lips.