Chapter 17 - A year later

A/N: hi guys, i just wanted to  tell you this is the last chapter for this book. i have too much writer block when it comes to this book. i will have alternative ending too so don't freak out on me. thank you for giving this book so much love, it's nice to know that you guys loved this book as much as i did. i have a new a fic coming out very soon, so be ready for that. but i only have one question and that is if you would prefer a lauren/you fic or  camren fic? thanks guys. xx tasha

It had been a year since Camila's art exhibit in Brooklyn. She had opened three more since then. She was known all around the world, my baby had gotten so big. She had been clean since then and I was so proud of her. She also proposed to me and of course I said yes, we were planning on to get married in June.

I got out of the cab and walked into the apartment building, I was just coming home from a normal day of work. I walked into our apartment with a smile. Music was blasting from our bedroom. I ran my hand through my hair and put my purse on the kitchen counter.

"Camila?" I called out but there was no response. "Maybe if she turned down the god damn music," I muttered to myself. I then walked to our bedroom.

Camila was asleep on the bed. I don't know how this girl did it with the music this loud.

"Mila," I giggled as I turned off the music and then sat down on the bed.

I gently shook her to wake her up but she wasn't waking up.

Maybe she was just joking around with me.

I began to shake her more but she still wasn't waking up. "Mila?" I half laughed. "Stop joking around, it isn't funny anymore," I said, my voice getting much more serious.

There was no response.

I began to shake her roughly but there no point, she wasn't answering. I quickly put my finger on her pulse point. I didn't feel anything. My heart began race and tears began to build up.

"Camila Cabello," I began to cry. "Stop joking with me, it's not funny baby girl," I screamed as tears rolled down my cheeks. I put my head down on her heart. There was no heart beat.

I began to scream as I sobbed. I shook her small lifeless body so roughly. As if it would help, as if she would come back to life.

I stared at her pale face for a second and quickly got off the bed. I ran into the bathroom, seeing cocaine on the sink. She overdosed. This didn't make sense, she was doing so good. She was clean for a year, she told me she was okay.

I bit my lip and sobbed harder. I ran out of my apartment, screaming for help.

The neighbor next door came out, a confused look on her face. I grabbed her hand and quickly dragged her to my room, showing her Camila.

"S-She's dead," I could barely get the words out. She grabbed her phone and called 911. I got back on the bed and picked Camila's lifeless body and held it, sobbing until I heard the police sirens.

She was gone. Really gone.

Camila Cabello was my first true love. She was the girl who made me realize this life was truly a life worth living.

I fell in love with an artist. It was a love with someone who had a creative soul and a heart is that was different than everyone else's. She found beauty in knots in my hair, even on my bad days.

Camila Cabello was the best thing that had ever happened to me.