Chapter 17 : Wonderful, albeit too short lull

Start from the beginning

On that, he threw it to Mira's face. She sent it back to him with a little more strength this time, both of them repeating their childish game a few more exchanges. "Don't look at his muscles, don't look at his muscles..." repeated Mira in her head while trying to keep on an angry frown even if her eyes were always drawn to his biceps each time he was moving them. Then he rose from the couch, starting to wrestle gently with her, both passing on the shirt to the other. Did she really saw a smile pass on his face? Though Mira surprised. Then they finally stopped, a little out of breath, gazing in each other's eyes. Without any warning, the same impulse they got at the gym took over them and neither tried to stop it.

Mira knew at that instant how much she wanted to kiss Laxus again. Apparently, from his response to it, it was the same for him. Some butterflies started to fly in Mira's stomach at that thought and they let themselves fall on the couch to deepen the kiss with passion.

***

Laxus woke up early the next morning. The first thing he could sense was a fruity smell, that special smell close to citrus he associated to Mira. Then, sensing something pressing against his numb arm, he realised she fell asleep in the crook of his shoulder.

"Oh!" He thought realising she spent the night in his arms. He blushed a little, to his annoyance. It wasn't the first time he had spent the night with a girl and he did much more then "sleep" with them. But something was different with Mira. He was at ease with her presence, which was not the case with most of people. She just did something to him he could understand.

The young man looked at the clock on the wall. Seven o'clock. His grandfather would probably already be in his office and the hostel would still be calm at that early hour. He slipped his arm from under Mira, trying not to wake her up. He felt guilty leaving without telling her, but he had to talk to Makarov. And he had to do it on his own. He took a scrap of paper to note: Gone to talk to the old man. Okay, it wasn't the most elaborate note, but at least she wouldn't wonder where he was. "That's it!" He thought discouraged of himself "I'll soon start to cook some damn cake or something!" On that thought, he placed the note on the table next to the couch and left.

When his grandfather told him to come in after he knocked, the small man almost spat his coffee from surprise.

- Laxus, he said after gaining back his senses. How can I help you?

- Talking about Ivan. I know he killed Mira's sister and that he was arrested for it, he said straight on.

His grandfather whitened a bit but Laxus continued.

- I know he broke out of jail.

- I knew that day would come.

- Why didn't you say anything to me! Yelled the younger Dreyar, hitting his fist on the desk.

- Are you feeling happiness now that you know the truth? Some release? Will you try to find him?

- What ever were your reasons... Yes, I tried to see him again. I found him. He almost killed Mira! I... he hit again the desk.

He never should have look after his father.

- Only Mira and you are concerned? Asked the man that kept his calm despite his pale face.

- Redfox and his little touristic guide either.

The little color still on his face vanished. Never he thought he would have put Levy and Gajeel in such a dangerous situation. Then Laxus explained with more details what was happening. Each and every word said by his grandson was shredding his hart to pieces. Four members of Fairy Tail, his own children, had their life endangered by his own son.