Mute (Harry Styles)

Mute

Chapter 1

*Mal's Point of View*

August 10, 2000

I'm really nervous about starting at a new school. I've never moved before and now I'm in some random place that I didn't even know existed. Now I'm going to school with kids I don't know. But I'm good at making new friends because I'm so loud.

"Mal! Sweetie, you're going to be late on your first day! Come on downstairs and eat breakfast!" Mom yelled up the stairs. My mom was really sweet. I like how she calls me all these nicknames because it made feel special. Dad on the other hand barely said my name. He was always working on a new project and would never be home. Maybe now that we moved, he will actually talk at the dinner table instead of reading his files.

"I'm coming, Mommy!" 

I ran down the stairs and into the kitchen to see my mom holding a plate with a pancake and blueberries in the shape of a smiley face and my dad reading the newspaper like he did every morning.

"Now, Princess, I want you to eat this as fast as you can, cause I need to drive you to school!"

"You're going to drive me? Are you gonna come too, Daddy?" I looked up to my father with hopeful eyes.

"Mal, Daddy has to start his new job today and he needs to be on time for that, so today it's just gonna be me and you." 

Just like every other day.

"Now! Chow down, kiddo!"

I kissed my mom goodbye and walked into the school building with my new teacher that walked me inside. She was pretty. She had blue eyes just like Mom did. My eyes look like my dad's. Dark green. Bleh. I wanted my mom's eyes. They looked like the pool we used to have in our backyard. The ones that we used to have so much fun in. We don't have a pool now...It's too cold here in Cheshire. Nothing like the sunshine we had in Georgia..

"My name is Ms. Rainey. Are you excited about your first day?" My teacher interrupted my thoughts.

"Not really, Ms. Rainey." She chuckled in response.

"Why's that sweetie?" I started laughing because she used one of my mom's many nicknames for me, which caused her to look down at me with question in her eyes.

"I don't know anyone here!"

"Well, here comes one of the boys from your class now! Harry! Could you come here please?" This boy with brown curly hair looked up and ran full speed at Ms. Rainey and I. I giggled at his hair when he ran because it was bouncing up and down and looked like a lot of fun. I wish I had curly hair. Mine's boring and flat.

"Harry, this is Mallorie Carter. She's going to be in our class with us. Could you introduce her to the class and maybe let her play with you?" Harry finally looked at me and smiled really big. Which made me smile. 

"I'm Harry Styles. Do you want to come sit with me?" I nodded and we ran off towards all of the other children. 

Harry introduced me to all of the other kids and they told me their names. I don't remember any of them, though. We all sat in our desks when Ms. Rainey told us to. She told everyone what we would learn about this year, but I wasn't really listening. Harry kept poking me, trying to make me laugh. It worked. It worked so well that Ms. Rainey told us we couldn't sit together anymore. But that didn't stop us. 

Harry and I played for the rest of the day and by the time the day was over and we were getting packed up, I wanted to stay at school and keep playing with Harry. My mom pulled up in car line and Ms. Rainey told me it was time to go. I started running towards my mom's car when I heard Harry yell my name.

"Mal, can you come to my house to play this weekend? I have a tree house that me and my dad just built!"

"Sure, Harry! That sounds like fun! Maybe we can play Pirates and Princess!!" And with that I smiled and kissed him and ran off to my mom's car.

"Hey Sweetie. I see you made a new friend today at school," my mom said while laughing.

"That's Harry. We're best friends." And I knew we always would be.

A/N

Hey guys! So this is my first story on here! I hope you all like it! This is the only chapter when they're kids so dont worry! Grown up Harry and Mallorie are coming soon! Ummmmm..let me know what you all think so far! Like I said it's my first story so sorry if it sucks! It'll get better! I just kind of wanted the two of them to meet and then get the story going! I'm probably going to do another chapter cause i want to get the ball rolling! hehe! so yeshhh... 

comment, vote, share!

Help a sister out!