The Final Battle

Comincia dall'inizio

"We have to leave. Now." Liam grabbed my arm and tugged me up from the couch.

"What's happening?" I asked.

"A small group of Imperial wolves attacked. The Alpha wants us to take you to him," We made our way through the house and outside.

We shifted into our wolves and ran to the clearing where the wolves attacked.

I knew Carter was okay. I mindlinked with him and all our wolves were okay.

We got to the clearing and shifted back to our human forms. There were about ten Imperial wolves dead on the ground.

No prisoners were taken.

My eyes sought out Carter's immediately and he really was fine. He didn't have a scratch on him. I let out a sign of relief and walked towards him.

His bare chest was on display and and he had on low basketball shorts. He walked up to me and crushed me to his chest.

My wolf felt a lot better to be able to see that he was okay.

Carter's arm tensed up around me and his eyes turned to black.

"There's more coming. Alert the pack and gather the fighters. Get the women and children to the shelter now. I want this done in twenty minutes, we only have about thirty minutes if we're lucky. Go!" Carter's voice boomed. His alpha side was out and so were some of his claws.

Everybody was in a frenzy. The warriors were preparing for battle while trying to get everyone safe. The Imperial Pack was coming now.

"What about the guys on patrol?" Carter simply shook his head. They were dead. They had killed them. They didn't even stand a chance.

Carter grabbed my face in his hands and put his forehead on mine.

"I need you to go with your guards to the shelter," I was about to open my mouth and refuse, but he quickly pressed a kiss against my mouth. "I can't fight and protect you at the same time. You mean too much to me. I need you to be safe for me and for the Pack. Can you do that? Please?"

I really wanted to refuse and plead my case. I didn't want to leave and stay in a shelter and hide. I wanted to fight and help protect the pack. I wasn't the best fighter in the world, but I knew I could take down some wolves.

But, I knew that staying would put the pack in more danger. It would put Carter in more danger and it would be selfish for me to stay. I knew that I had to leave.

"I'll go. But you have to stay safe, okay? You can't leave me. I love you." I crashed my lips against his and wrapped my arms around him.

The kiss ended too soon and he pressed his lips against my forehead.

"I will, but you have to go now. You don't have much time. I love you too," tears dropped down my face and I nodded. I felt Travis take my arm and start to lead me away with Liam.

"Protect her and keep her safe. She's my life," Carter yelled after us. We had just reached the trees and I turned to look back one more time.

He was staring right at me and I felt my heart break again. We ran a little more and then I could no longer see him.

This was all happening too fast. We were about to go to war against the Imperial Pack. It still didn't seem like this was real.

"I'm going to shift and then you can jump on and I'll run to the shelter," Travis stepped away from me and shifted into his wolf, shredding his clothes.

I quickly climbed on and we ran through the woods.

This is all my fault. I was putting all of these people in danger.