Chapter 1: Changes

"Kim Jongin get yourself downstairs right this minute!"

Jongin sighed at his mothers screeching voice which somehow managed to reach all the way from the ground floor.

Yanking the royal blue tie into place he stared at himself in the mirror. A loose cut suit matching the colour of the tie draped over him, along with polished brown shoes and a designer watch which he couldn't care less to know the name of.

The only thing he liked about his appearance today was his hair, he had bleached it white during the summer holidays, which his mother had allowed only because of it was on trend and there was nothing she liked more than to be the height of fashion. Even though his brown roots had started to come through Jongin still thought it looked pretty good. Normally it would be wild and long on the top, but of course to look smart he slicked it over parting it at the right.

Jongin cringed at how he looked, it wasn't bad just well... posh. Sure he lived in a mansion, attended one of the best private school in the country and had a wardrobe full of designer labels. But that didn't mean he didn't love lounging around in sweatpants at the weekend eating cheap takeout, even if his butler did bring it to him.

Just as he started to zone out thinking about how he could be watching k dramas in bed right now, his door was flung open. Jumping back from the mirror and pulling his tie even tighter around his neck, he glared at the intruder a.k.a his brother.

"What the hell Junmyeon!"

Junmyeon looked him up and down with a smirk,
"Nice suit Kai".

Jongin growled at the boy (yes he may be 20 but most of the time he acted like a 5 year old) who was now perched on his bed and eyeing Jongin's phone.

Snatching it up before his brother could and pushing his shoulder slightly he plonked down next to him.

"I told you not to call me that" he whined, shoving Junmyeon's shoulders again for extra effect.

Junmyeon just laughed and pinched his brothers cheeks.
"Aww but you used to love being called that. Don't you remember? You even threw a fit once in class because the teacher refused to call you it"

Jongin burst out laughing, burying his head in his hands out of embarrassment.

"I was such an odd child" he mused, walking over to his balcony to take in the vast expanse of green that was beginning to sprout with bright flowers.

"You still are" Junmyeon prodded his side and leaned over next to Jongin. "Anyway that still doesn't explain the suit" he said pointing at the clothing with a disgusted look on his face.

"Urgh don't remind me. It was supposed to be yours you know?" Jongin laughed again at how his brothers eyes widened in disgust, "but I spilled ice cream on mine so I had to change into this."

"Well thank god you did because I would not be seen dead wearing that"

"How did I ever think you were straight" Jongin shook his head and Junmyeon just winked back at him.

Just as Jongin started to relax he was pulled out of his peaceful state by his butler Seokjin knocking on the door.

"If you two don't come downstairs quick your mothers going to have a breakdown" he panted before running off probably to calm down said mother.

Seokjin had been with the Kim family ever since he was employed as a babysitter for Jongin at just the age of 18.

17 years had passed and he still loved the family as much as he did on the first day he arrived. Especially Jongin who he had seen transform from a squirmy baby who loved to vomit all over him into a handsome young man, who luckily had better control of his food now... well at least most of the time.

Jongin sighed and tugged at his sleeves as he made his way through his room and to the staircase. As they finished descending the first flight, Jumyeon placed his hand on Jongin's shoulder and turned him around so they were face to face. Jongin frowned at the worried look on his brothers face and was about to ask him what was wrong before he was cut off.

"Does this really bother you that much? It's only our aunt, uncle and cousin, and you're not exactly a shy person so what's up?" He asked voice full of concern.

"Nothing, why would you say that" Jongin tried to smile but Junmyeon of course could see straight through him.

"You were tugging at your sleeves, and you only do that when you're nervous." He said leaning onto the banister of the stairs that led to the ground floor.

"Fine" Jongin huffed. "I'm just not looking forward to being surrounded by people who only care about how much money you have rather than if you have a nice personality or not."

Junmyeon shook his head in amusement as they began to walk down the grand staircase.

"You always act like its a bad thing to have a lot of money Jongin. Sure some people may hate us for it but we were born into this family, it's out of our control. So stop being so miserable and put on that dazzling smile" he said whilst poking Jongin's cheeks. Jongin tried to stifle a laugh and failed, and by the time they arrived to the entrance where their mum and dad stood they were almost in tears.

"You're late" their mother glared at them, and both brothers tried to stop their laughing immediately. Messing with their mother when she was in a bad mood could be fatal, everyone knew that.

A knock on the door suddenly sounded making Jongin jump slightly.
"Remember be polite" his mother hissed at him before opening the door.

Jongin almost started laughing again at the first person to waltz through the door, especially with the way his mother eyed him in disgust. A boy who he guessed was around the same age as him dressed in a snapback, sneakers and hoodie, strode up to him with a cheeky smile on his face.

"Sup cus" he grinned whilst manically shaking Jongin's outstretched hand.

Smiling back weakly Jongjn tried to figure out why he felt as though things were about to change dramatically.

A/n Woohoo a new story. I've been wanting to write a long chaptered story for a while and of course you can never go wrong with sekai. This was kind of just an intro to  Jongins life, it gets more interesting soon don't worry. Hope you've enjoyed reading and let me know what you think!!!