~Chapter 15~

"I can't believe we did this again." I breathed sitting up. I wore my bra and underwear and stood up from the bed.

"Admit that you love it." Jace said cockily. I looked around the room and picked my clothes. I started wearing them when Jace came and stood behind me.

"Go away." I told him between giggles. He was only in his boxers and he was making me uncomfortable.

I hate this guy.

"I love it when you're bossy." He let out huskily as he kissed the side of my neck sweetly.

"Okay, now get dressed. We have a project to finish." I told him walking away from him. I smirked at him and walked downstairs.

¥•Jace's POV•¥

When Mel went downstairs I wore my pants and right when I was about to go downstairs to get my shirt which I left at the kitchen, my phone started ringing. I picked it up.

"Hello?" I said. Muffled noises sounded through the phone.

"Jace?" Derek's voice said.

"Yeah?"

"I need your help."

"Okay and?"

"I think I left a girl pregnant."

"What?" I shouted way too loud because Mel heard it.

"Jace? Is everything alright?" Her beautiful voice asked.

"Yes, everything's great." I told her quickly and turned my attention back to Derek.

"Where are you? Is that Melanie Johansson?" Derek asked.

"Yes. I'm at her place for our biology project."

"Ohh. Good one, mate."

"Enough about me. Now tell me what happened?" I asked him sitting on Mel's bed.

"A few days ago, I slept with Nancy." He told me and I froze.

"Wait. Isn't Caddice your girlfriend?" I asked confused.

"Yes. She is. That's the problem. I cheated on her with her best friend. Fuck, man i'm screwed." He sounded so desperate. I just wanted to help.

"Okay, okay. I'll be right there. Where are you?"

"My place."

"Okay i'm coming. Bye." I hung up and ran downstairs to see Mel eating a sandwich.

"Jace, are you okay?" She asked and I nodded slightly. I walked around the kitchen and finally found my shirt and wore it.

"Derek needs me. I'm sorry but I have to go." I told her and i noticed that her gaze fell to the floor. She was sad and disappointed. I could see it in her eyes.

"Oh. That's alright." She reassured me with a smile. God, I love that smile. I walked towards her.

"See you tomorrow." I spoke and kissed her cheek.

"Bye Jace." She told me and I left her house. I got into my car and let out a sigh.

"You owe me so much, Derek." I said out loud starting the engine. A couple of minutes later I arrived at Derek's house. I knocked the door and after several seconds he opened it for me.

~~

"Tell me everything." I demanded as I sat on Derek's bed. He looked embarrassed and nervous.

"You know that Nancy's brother is a friend of mine, right?" I nodded. "Well, he came a couple of days ago at my place so we could play PlayStation and when he left he forgot his jacket at my place. So Nancy came to take it and I kissed her. And then that happened." He told me and I sighed.

"You should call her." I advised him. "And ask her."

"What if she is pregnant?" Derek asked seriously.

"If she is pregnant, then you're going to be a father." I joked trying to make him laugh but I could see that he really cared. "Look, if she is pregnant you're going to decide if you want to keep it. But don't make assumptions. Just go ask her." I told him placing a hand on his shoulder. He looked at me.

"Thanks, bro." He said and I smiled. "Now, tell me what's going on with Mel." He started sitting up straight. I sighed.

"Nothing's going on with Mel, Derek. We are just friends." I reassured him. He looked at me with disbelief.

"Just friends don't look at each other the way you two do." I stared at him confused and realized he was being honest.

I don't like her, right? I mean, she's beautiful, inside and out, and her smile is the most beautiful thing I have ever seen. She's intelligent, smart and just everything I ever wanted. She's just perfect.

But I can't like her.

Right?

"I don't like her. I can't like her." I whispered the last sentence without looking at him and he chuckled.

"Describe her to me." He said randomly smirking at me. I let out a deep breath and right after picturing Mel in my head, a smile plastered on my lips.

"She's beautiful. She's one of the kindest people I have ever met. Her smile and laugh are just hypnotizing. She's everything a guy is looking for." I let the words come out of my mouth carefully. Derek just stared at me with a smirk.

"You don't like her." He paused. "You're in love with her."

~~

¥•Mel's POV•¥

When Jace left my house, I had nothing to do so I continued working on our project. It was almost done, meaning that everything would go back to normal soon.

At least, that's what I thought.

A 'beep' sound coming from my phone interrupted my thoughts. I grabbed my phone and checked the message I had. It was from Nancy.

Nancy: wanna hang out on Friday?

I was just ready to answer her with a 'yes' when I realized that Friday is the day where Jace and I normally hang out; meaning staying at my house or at his house for the whole day. I had to lie. To my best friend. I thought for a second before texting her back.

Me: I can't this Friday. My aunt from New York is coming for a visit.

Nancy: oh really? Let's meet another day then :)

Me: sure, my darling ;)

I turned my phone off and lied on my bed staring at the ceiling. I just lied to my best friend.

And let me tell you that lie didn't end well.

---------

I know this chapter isn't that good :( hope you liked it anyway.

Vote, comment, share

-Maria