CHAPTER THREE

[EDITED: 13/01/2019]

•••

I'm staring at the white board blankly as my brain becomes crystal clear from any kind of thoughts. My vision becomes blurry since my eyes turn dry due to the time having them opened; they begin to water. And just like that, I come back to reality.

Professor Carl is lecturing us regarding the buyer's psychology. I can't understand anything he says. I've been zoned out for a long time. It happens pretty often. Not as often as it used to in elementary school. I used to do psychotherapy with my therapist in order to solve the issue with my concentration. Obviously, with no luck.

I feel someone touch my shoulder and I turn towards the direction that it came from. I see Jack. His blond hair is covering half of his light blue eyes. He is smiling at me showing off his perfectly aligned white teeth.

"You took your braces off!" I beam at him as quietly as I can trying not to bother Professor Carl's lecture. Jack smiles at me even brighter.

"I did! Yesterday." He answers the question I wanted to ask him before I even formed the words.

"Welcome to the 'free from braces' club." I say showing off my own set of perfectly aligned teeth. He laughs and the lecturer ends the class.

Walking side by side with Jack, I feel safe and quite proud to have this handsome boy next to me. He makes a joke and I burst out laughing turning red like a tomato as usual. He calls me cute and I blush even more. He laughs before smiling down at me as I feel my face heating up even even more.

Jack is my friend Nancy's roommate. I always hang out at her dorm and Jack is there 98% of the time. He's studying business with statistics, the same with Nancy, so we have like one common class. Nancy skipped another class today. It's true what they say that if you skip one class, you skip every other class after that. She's lucky she's smart or else she would fail every single class.

"Okay, pause right here." Jack says and stops walking. I stop, too, turning to face him. 

"What?" I ask. He smiles. He is even prettier under the sun.

"I'm craving a milkshake right now. Are you in?" He says casually. He does a quick move with his head causing his hair to block his eyes. I move my hand and remove his hair from his eyes with my fingers as delicate as I can. He takes a moment to stare into my eyes before I put my hand away and take a step back.

"I'm always down for a milkshake as long as it requires lemon cheesecake from Ella's." I smile thinking about the taste of the cheesecake and I moan internally.

"Whatever you desire, my lady."

I type the last sentence and I reward myself by taking one little blueberry out of the plate and throwing it into my mouth. 7980 more words and I'm done. I groan and push my glasses upwards until they touch my eyelashes. I have an assessment due in approximately three months and as a good student I am, I started it way too early. More specifically because I have an issue with concentrating and getting work done.

I stretch my arms and back before touching the keyboard of my laptop ready to start typing again. I take another blueberry. I place it back onto the plate. I contain myself. I have to develop self control.

"Finish the paragraph. Then eat two blueberries. This way you are rewarded twice as much. Boom! Motivation." I think out loud before beginning to type.

One paragraph later, I eat my rewards, drink some water, remove my glasses from my nose as it begins to hurt and save my document. Because precaution eliminates stress. My phone starts ringing and I know it's Jack without even looking at the screen. I swipe my finger to the right answering the call before putting Jack on speaker.

"Hello." I speak.

"You ready for Ella's?" Jack asks.

"Good! Come meet me downstairs then." We say 'bye' to each other before hanging up. And just like that, anxiety begins to take over my whole body. My heart starts to race, my jaw clenches and the familiar knot in my throat reappears. I close my eyes and breathe in and out repeating to myself that I'm perfectly okay.

"I loved how a good of an actress she is. I mean I knew she was amazing but that character, shit, that character was stunning. I can't imagine anyone else playing that role but her." We continue to swoon over A Star Is Born for a few more minutes until my cheesecake arrives.

"Yes!!" I beam. "Take a spoon; just don't eat the meringue." I warn.

"But that's my favorite part!" He whines and I laugh.

"Okay then. You take half. I take the other half." We agree and begin eating the beautiful cheesecake. Heaven on fucking earth.

We are walking towards my dorm side by side as the night starts to fall. The sky is painted in orange since the sun is disappearing. Jack takes my hand in his and holds it for the rest of the walk to my dorm. His hand is warm compared to my cold one.

We arrive outside the building and stop walking. Jack turns to face me. He smiles and looks at our feet. Then he stares into my eyes. His blue eyes are sparkling and his awkward laugh gives me butterflies.

"Thank you for coming with me. I thought I'd scare you away." He laughs.

"Why? I love your company." I reassure him.

"I love your company too." I nod and look at his shoes for a few seconds. He has converse on exactly like mine. I feel his fingers touch my chin as he pulls my face upwards so that he can look into my eyes. He smiles while moving his hand on my cheek covering it and a little of my neck. A million thoughts run into my mind as he begins to lean in. He's going to kiss me. And so he does.

His lips touch mine gently. I close my eyes and place my left hand on his shoulder involuntarily. He pulls away and kisses me again. He tastes like vanilla and lemon and butterflies are going wild in my stomach.

Heaven on fucking earth.

•••

Long chapter for my honeys!

By the way, the old version of The Deal is going to completely disappear from wattpad and any other source just because I'm not proud of it.

Hope you like this version which is so different and has nothing to do with the old one.

Please comment your thoughts on this version.

I love you

Take care

-M