Chapter 12

The night o' the Yule Ball arrived. I entered the Great Hall with my date, David. The boys seemed jittery an' the girls looked like they'd just entered a fairytale or somethin! I spotted Barty in a corner with his date, Minnie. He was fidgeting with his dress robes, while she appeared to hit him lightly on the head with a piece o' celery! We walked o'er to them an' I gave her a confused glance, on seeing the celery in her raised hand. "He wore a celery, this imbécile! " she explained , teasingly bopping im on the head with it. "Oi! That hurt! Besides, look at these bloody robes! They're dull, aren't they?! I thought I'd brighten stuff up! " a cheerful Barty defended himself. "Forgive im, Minnie. He's a Whovian! " I apologized on his behalf. Minnie seemed lost at the term, not bein a Whovian herself! So, Barty decided to change the subject an' ask her to dance. I watched as he accompanied her to the dance floor an' they waltzed around. Every now an' then, I heard a giggle from Minnie as Barty stepped onto her toes. Even though poor Professor McGonagall had spent her energy teaching us to dance, Barty was still horrible at it! But I was relieved that he behaved like a complete Romeo throughout the night an' not like he did when I met im in that dark corridor the night before. Ever since that encounter, I didn't trust im much an' was on the lookout for any strange behavior or evil,serpentlike facial expressions!