Chapter 26. ( Immortal child )

Começar do início

I heard the end of your conversation. Need some help?

Edward was glad to accept. He gave Jasper a nod. He walked in the room and joined them. He immediately used his powers to calm Bella down.

'Maria?' Edward asked, temporarily distracted.

'We lost her trail a few miles out of town. She has escaped.'

Edward growled again.

'This is bad.' He whispered.

I know. Maria isn't going to stop. She will use any means necessary to get her hands on Bella. Bella will not be safe until we kill Maria.

Edward gritted his teeth. He ached to hunt Maria down and rip her in tiny pieces. The urge was so strong he gripped the pole of Liam's bed to keep himself in place.

Bella had calmed down. Her eyes were on Edward and her expression changed.

'I am sorry for upsetting you, Edward.' She said through her tears. 'I don't think I can stand it if any of you got hurt because of me.'

He kneeled down to her eyelevel and caressed the tears from her cheeks.

'I can't promise you we will never get hurt, but the same goes for you. You can't promise me either.' He said, wishing profoundly that she could. 'We can do our very best to protect and to care for each other. I love you, Bella and that will never change.'

'We all love you very much.' Jasper added.

'I love you too.' Bella answered without hesitation.

Her eyes went back to Liam and she was silent for a moment.

'I can't see him anymore, can I?' Her voice was small, hurt.

Edward wished with all his heart he could tell her differently, but Liam's involvement with them was not healthy for the boy. He was too vulnerable.

Jasper used his powers again on her, also knowing what the right answer was.

We probably have to move anyway. Jasper thought.

Alice walked in.

I saw Bella getting upset, so I came as soon as I could.

She pulled Bella towards a chair and sat down with her. Tender and caring she began to ran her fingers through Bella's hair, entangling the knits that were made during their encounter. Bella relaxed immediately and sighed while she leaned into Alice.

'Everything is going to be alright, sweetie. Whatever happens, we will always be there for you.'

Edward raised his eyebrows at her. He knew she was psychic but even she couldn't see that far into the future.

Don't start, Edward! It is what she needs to hear right now.

Besides I believe it is true and you should too. She may not always act like it, but she is still a child. She needs to feel safe.

Alice was right of course. He was happy Bella had all of them to care for her. He loved his family for it.

'How did it go at his grandparent's house?' Jasper asked Alice.

'The police bought our story. They are sweeping the house for DNA and stuff, which they are not going to find of course. They questioned us for a while, but it seems we are still safe. Liam's parents are talking to the police and are on their way here. We should go soon.'

They went home. Everyone was at their house, even all of the Denali's. They had a lot to talk about. Eleazar was very interested in Bella's new gift. He was sitting next to her, asking her questions.