Suicide Bomber

*one week later*

     Lexi's POV.

We still haven't solved the case yet, with our and the FBIs resources nothing. My team has been awkwardly happy lately. I have no idea why. Gibbs is really serious, and on the verge of angry, because of the case. 

     "Lexi, Ziva, lets go" Gibbs shouts

We both jump up and walk to the elevator.

    "Gibbs I'm coming also" Fornell announces

I found out last week that they were FBI. Fornell is really funny.

    "Lets go then" he yells annoyed

I close my eyes when he yelled. I want to catch this guy also but why is he so pissed about it? Where are we going?

     We drove up to a building.

     "Where are we Gibbs" Ziva asks

The director got a phone call from a caller and they said to go here.

     "What if it's a trap" Fornell asks

    "we will find out" Gibbs snaps.

    We walk up to the barn. The location is sorta like a farm, we made sure the location was clear. Then started looking for evidence, we looked around for awhile.

Then I found a hid passage way, it was boarded up.

       "Got something" I announce

They walk over to where I am at.

    Gibbs and I start yanking off the boards. Ziva finds a hammer to use to pry them off. When we get them off it just looks like a dark tunnel. I grab my flashlight and shine it down the tunnel. Nothing just darkness.

     "Ill go, be back in a few" I say

Then I crawl through there and walk 22 steps, I turned to the right and there was a latch going into the ground. I opened it up carefully and turned off my light. There was a light on in the room and a man at the desk, I snapped a few photos of him and sent it to Gibbs. It took a few minutes for him to reply. Then the text came back.

      "Get out! Bomb"

I read the words, and froze.

I started crawling back to the entrance. Then I heard an explosion and everything went black,

         Ziva's POV.

When Lexi sent the photos to Gibbs. I saw a guy, and he had a contraption on him I knew right away what it was, suicide bomb.

     "Get her out!!" I yelled

He sent a text fast, Then about 30 seconds later. There was an exposition we ran back.

    The dust settled,

     "Alex" I screamed.

Nothing. Everything was silent, none replied. I ran for the entrance.

Gibbs grabbed my arm,

     "Ziva! We can't go in there, it's not safe" He told me

I pulled my arm away from him.

    "Lexi could be dying!" I yelled at Gibbs

   "I know! Lets call an ambulance!" He yelled back

    "Both of you! Shut up!" Fornell snapped at us.

Fornell then picked up his phone and called an ambulance.

Gibbs sat down behind our cars, I went off to a rock and sat down.

        All I could think about is Tali. Lexi was so much like her, why does everyone I care about end up dying, or leaving me. Why...

Then a ambulance interrupted my thoughts. They scanned the area to make sure there was no radiation. Then they went in the crawl space, a few moments later they pulled out Lexi. One of the guys put her on a stretcher. At least it wasn't a body bag, Gibbs and I both climbed into the back of the ambulance.

    There was a few moments of silence,

   "I'm sorry Gibbs" I whisper

   "It's okay, we were just both worried" her responded

     When we got to the hospital, Gibbs went off to a room. I stayed with Lexi, I love Lexi like my sister. Why does everyone I love get hurt?

        Gibbs POV.

I went down to Jenny's room.

   "Hey" I supersed her

    "Hello Jethro" she responded

I saw her look towards the ground, she was silent but her eyes spoke a million words.

    "What's up?" I questioned her

    "I wanted to ask you something" she whisper

    "Yes?" I ask

I take a seat, she just looked at the ground. I put my hand on her cheek,

     "I was getting out of this hospital next week," she told me "and I was going to reapply to NCIS"

    "Really!" I ask

    "Yes" she smiled

    "I would love you to come back" I told her.

She smiled up at me,

    "I have to go, Lexi is in the hospital again." I let her know.

She nods in a worried way, I looked at her. I told her in my head, to get better and come back. That I care about her.

   I walked down the hall and met up with Ziva and Lexi who isn't made any progress.