Chapter Two: Aphenphosmphobia - Fear of Being Touched

This is a boyxboy story which means boy on boy action is in this story.  Well, all together, it means this story is a homosexual romance novel.  Don't like, piss off.  Like?  Read on.  This chapter is not fully clean.

***

Chapter Two: Aphenphosmphobia - Fear of being touched

Adam’s POV

“Okay, this way,” Alex mumbled, a slight shiver of disgust going down my spine as he touched me.  Alex saw me go rigid and released me; I heard more sympathy in his tone, “Sorry, um just follow my voice I guess.”

            Alex froze as we came out of the elevator stopped and we heard loud moaning in the hallway, I heard Alec curse and Ethan grabbed me, despite knowing my feelings about touching now, pulling me down the hall.  I wanted to stop but when the moan stopped after a loud girlish squeal, I pushed Ethan to go.

            The noise of an opening door erupted and I heard click-clacks of heals.  A girly voice whispered, “That was just wonderful, Adrian.”

            A smirk in the man’s voice, “I would hope so…”

            A giggle and the footsteps of high-heals clattered and were gone in a minute.  Ethan’s grip on my wrist tightened, making me let out a small sound of discomfort to escape my lips.  I heard an unfamiliar chuckle come and a beautiful voice speak, “Well, isn’t it my new neighbors plus one.”

            “Fuck off, Adrian,” I heard Alec say.

            “No, no, no,” Adrian said, a creak and there was a hand on my shoulder, “Who are you, handsome?”

             “Who’s this idiot?” I blurted out.

            “Our neighbor,” Ethan grumbled, “He’s bi-curious.”

            “Ah,” I commented and tugged out of Adrian grasp and wished, desperately, that I could suddenly have my sight and run.  Run away from Ethan… run away from the memories.  I needed to be in my small apartment, eating a bowl of chicken Top Ramen, and watch made for TV movies.

            I directed my gaze, no sighted gaze, to Adrian and sighed, frustrated.  Alex suddenly gripped me and I jumped when I noticed it wasn’t Alex’s soft hands, but Alec’s.  He tugged me to him and I stumbled to his body.  I didn’t have to look to know I looked like a middle school student among these tall men.

            “Well, who are you?”

            Alec gripped me, “His name is Adam and he doesn’t need any crap from you.”

            “Why is he dazing off?” Adrian snorted, “Guy looks stupid.”

            “I’m blind, you prick!” I snapped, going in the direction of his voice but luckily Alec held me close to him.

            An awkward silence took over and all I heard was awkward shuffling and soft breathing.  Adrian coughed and clapped his hands, “Um, okay, so I’ll… um, leave you be.”

            Footsteps.

            A creak of a door.

            The door shut close.

            Silence.

            The fear of dependence began to grow into more and more fears.  The fear of touch.  The fear of blindness.  The fear of fear.